TV Home Forum

Eurovision 2021 - Netherlands - NPO/AVROTROS/NOS

Ahoy Arena - Rotterdam - 18/20/22 May 2021 (May 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LI
Lieuwe
9 cities have shown interest so far. Today the organization has sent the package of requirements to these cities. They have until July 10 the time to submit a bid book. The hostcity will be announced in August.

The interested cities so far are:
- Amsterdam
- Arnhem
- Breda
- Den Bosch
- The Hague
- Leeuwarden
- Maastricht
- Rotterdam
- Utrecht
Sh1ruba and tightrope78 gave kudos

23 days later

DV
DVB Cornwall
Senior production team announced, including the return of the Prodigal Son Sietse Bakker to the event.

BM
BM11

HC
Hatton Cross
Oh the joys of computer generated images.
1 - it makes it appear that it'll be in the open air. It won't as the EBU won't let it.
2 - the stage is wayyy too small for the competition - and with that block of grey seating, there's a lot of unused space in the total area for the proposed performance hall.
3 - but at least they've provided a handy illustration of where the power generators and the broadcast compound/scanner base will be!
BM
BM11
1 - it makes it appear that it'll be in the open air. It won't as the EBU won't let it.
2 - the stage is wayyy too small for the competition - and with that block of grey seating, there's a lot of unused space in the total area for the proposed performance hall.
3 - but at least they've provided a handy illustration of where the power generators and the broadcast compound/scanner base will be!

Mastricht would bring the least benefit to the rest of the Netherlands as many would fly into, and stay in, Belgium and cross the border. That could be a factor in the decision.
SH
Sh1ruba

That's why I think Rotterdam is the best choice.
They said they were 85% ready and they have multiple halls in the Ahoy for the main stage and the Green Room.
NG
noggin Founding member
I may have missed it in this thread - but I saw a report a day or two ago that Amsterdam had decided not to proceed further with its bid to host.
SH
Sh1ruba
I may have missed it in this thread - but I saw a report a day or two ago that Amsterdam had decided not to proceed further with its bid to host.

Rotterdam is gonna be the one chosen in August.
I predict it!
MI
mici0123
Yeah, after Amsterdam is out I'm gonna say Rotterdam.

The Province of South Holland already commited to 1 million euro in funding if Rotterdam gets it.
SH
Sh1ruba
Yeah, after Amsterdam is out I'm gonna say Rotterdam.

The Province of South Holland already commited to 1 million euro in funding if Rotterdam gets it.

Which is good as it helps with the preparation.
BR
Brekkie
Rotterdam always seemed more likely - nowadays far more international sporting events seem to come from there than from Amsterdam, who somewhat seem to be discouraging tourism at the moment.
SH
Sh1ruba
Rotterdam always seemed more likely - nowadays far more international sporting events seem to come from there than from Amsterdam, who somewhat seem to be discouraging tourism at the moment.

If it is gonna be Rotterdam, you know I'll be heading there in May.

The city needs more love tbh.
Also they recently hosted the MTV Europe Music Awards back in 2016

Newer posts