The Newsroom

Tyne Tees & Border/Look North (NE & Cumbria)

Amy Lea succeeds Pam Royle at TT&B (December 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BE
Benjamin1
Presumably he will present the monthly political programme?

Who is presenting the London weather now?
ST
South Today
There will be a special edition of Lookaround on Thursday evening live from the relaunched Carlisle Airport. Maybe worth a watch.

Also, I've noticed Ralph Blunsom reporting for Border on several occasions now - I wonder he if has made the move from Granada permanently, or is on attachment to the Carlisle newsroom.
LL
London Lite Founding member
There will be a special edition of Lookaround on Thursday evening live from the relaunched Carlisle Airport. Maybe worth a watch.

That explains why Lookaround repeated the same report by Kate Walby from Carlisle Airport which was aired a week ago again yesterday.

Who is presenting the London weather now?

Relief from other regions, which has either been Philippa Drew or Ruth Wignall so far.
UB
UBox
At the end of the Tyne Tees 6pm bulletin last night the screens were showing a gallery image as opposed to the window view of the Tyne.
ST
South Today
UBox posted:
At the end of the Tyne Tees 6pm bulletin last night the screens were showing a gallery image as opposed to the window view of the Tyne.

It was pan regional with Border, which is extremely rare these days.
LL
ITV News West Country does the same when they share the 2nd half of the bulletin with the 'South West' opt.
LS
Lou Scannon
I despise the crappy CGI gallery.

I think that the pan-regional backdrop should be e.g. "ITV News"-branded Venetian blinds (CGI ones shown on the screens, not actual physical blinds!), as this would still maintain the "window" conceit, whereas the view magically changing from an outdoor one to an indoor one completely spoils the illusion.

If the design of the CGI gallery at least looked better / more realistic, that'd be something. The red "On Air" light in the middle is particularly awful.

It'll never happen, but alternative outdoor backdrops for when things go pan-regional would be a nice idea too (e.g. Taunton for West Country? Leicester for Central? etc) Not sure that there would be any suitable choice of location for some pan-regions though, especially TT&B.
Last edited by Lou Scannon on 4 July 2019 10:16pm
LL
Did Tyne Tees have a different line-up on Thursday with the main presenters presenting from Carlisle instead?
ST
South Today
Did Tyne Tees have a different line-up on Thursday with the main presenters presenting from Carlisle instead?

Rachel Bullock and Greg Easteal back on duty in Gateshead.

Disappointing no Fiona Armstrong on Border. Did anyone else spot Gilly Fraser?!
JA
Jamesypoo
I think rather than the crappy gallery, something not too dissimilar to the France 3 regional news look could work.
Lou Scannon and London Lite gave kudos
LL
I think rather than the crappy gallery, something not too dissimilar to the France 3 regional news look could work.

I'd rather have a similar backdrop than the recorded loop of the London skyline on ITV News London.

35 days later

ST
South Today
Sad news that the face of Look North Breakfast retires tomorrow. Farewell to Colin Briggs.

Newer posts