TV Home Forum

Wimbledon 2019

Split from The Sport Thread (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
BM11 posted:
I can see BBC Sport having to put out a statement (Backing?) regarding Sharon Davis, her views on trans athletes are becoming more and more controversial

Oh God, you're back.

Why would they - she's a freelancer who works for them for at most two weeks a year.
JO
Jon
BM11 posted:
Jon posted:
BM11 posted:
I can see BBC Sport having to put out a statement (Backing?) regarding Sharon Davis, her views on trans athletes are becoming more and more controversial

Shouldn’t be controversial seem quite reasonable to me.

https://twitter.com/sharrond62/status/1145668905517686784
This tweet is the one that is causing controversy because it is less about sport and more in line with other tweets on similar issues which have got people in the media in trouble/sacked before.

Well I hadn’t seen that. I don’t understand what point she is trying to make there and how it even helps the discussion. What is the BBC’s statement after this Tweet? I can’t see anything.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Wimbledon UHD ....

Some continuing Audio synchronisation issues from the iPlayer, Every few minutes the audio is being clipped to restore sync. Irritating yes, but not bad enough to detract from the coverage.
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member

What font is this? Noticed this at work and it didn't look pleasant. Does not look like Reith to me.

Unstable feed for the UHD coverage today, now back on .... Nabbed this pic for the record though

The "UHD" looks very much Reith though.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
I wonder if the BBC consider Andy Murray in doubles & mixed doubles action would warrant BBC One promotion / schedule displacement at all during the tournament.
DV
dvboy
Maybe on Saturday or if he reaches either final, but otherwise I'd expect it to stay on BBC Two
AN
Andrew Founding member
For the first time this year, Today at Wimbledon was reduced to just 7 minutes due to late night live action continuing.
BR
Brekkie
BBC4 being used from 7pm to show Murray.
DV
dvboy
That will upset the TOTP fans in 25 minutes. I assume they'll move it to BBC Two once Kyrgios v Nadal has finished - good call to stick with this though.
BR
Brekkie
Nick Mullins commentating on this match possibly his first BBC TV work since leaving just under a decade ago to commentate on the Rugby Premiership, though of course has been ITV's main commentator at the French Open for years.
TL
toby lerone 2016
Nick Mullins commentating on this match possibly his first BBC TV work since leaving just under a decade ago to commentate on the Rugby Premiership, though of course has been ITV's main commentator at the French Open for years.

Good to see him get a rare outing on Centre Court for BBC TV however I am afraid you are incorrect, Mullins continued to commentate at Wimbledon for BBC TV for the last 10 years mainly on the outside courts and it has been his only regular work for the BBC since he moved to ESPN/BT Sport although he did commentate on Judo for the Olympics and Commonwealth Games.
BR
Brekkie
Good to hear him on the big matches - he is one of the best all round commentators around at the moment.

Newer posts