« Topics
Larry the Loafer5,566 posts since 2 Jul 2005
Granada North West Today
How long is it on screen for? I guess it falls into the whole "keep the viewers' attention because we think they're morons" but if it's only on screen for the last minute or so, I can think of worse DOGs.

Speaking of which, I was watching one of the MTV channels last night and still can't fathom the reason why they have to have so many obnoxious and useless graphics. I wouldn't mind if one of them was a "Now Playing" so you didn't have to wait until the end of the song.
VMPhil9,716 posts since 31 Mar 2005
Granada North West Today
How long is it on screen for? I guess it falls into the whole "keep the viewers' attention because we think they're morons" but if it's only on screen for the last minute or so, I can think of worse DOGs.

Speaking of which, I was watching one of the MTV channels last night and still can't fathom the reason why they have to have so many obnoxious and useless graphics. I wouldn't mind if one of them was a "Now Playing" so you didn't have to wait until the end of the song.

Music channels have always had obnoxious graphics, that's what they do. Oasis made fun of it in one of their videos.
Brekkie31,686 posts since 4 Jan 2003
HTV Wales Wales Today
It just ruins any dramatic tension in a final scene.

The bigger development though is that Emmerdale has been on air 7 times a week regularly now for about three months and nobody has really blinked an eyelid. It also means ITV now have no weeknight pre-watershed hour long slots available, and sadly the rise in the soap count yet again over the last couple of years has meant the rise in relatively cheap and uninspiring 30-minute filler.
I preferred the internet when it had a sense of humour.
JKDerry1,696 posts since 15 Oct 2016
UTV Newsline
It just ruins any dramatic tension in a final scene.

The bigger development though is that Emmerdale has been on air 7 times a week regularly now for about three months and nobody has really blinked an eyelid. It also means ITV now have no weeknight pre-watershed hour long slots available, and sadly the rise in the soap count yet again over the last couple of years has meant the rise in relatively cheap and uninspiring 30-minute filler.

I do remember the days when the 7.00pm slot was filled by non-soaps - Cluedo, Wish You Were Here, Give Us A Clue, Through the Keyhole, The Krypton Factor, Strike it Lucky and Family Fortunes.

It seems ITV have well and truly given up on these shows and are very happy with non stop Coronation Street and Emmerdale - that is very the advertising revenue must be now in 2019.
Josh935 posts since 21 Dec 2014
"Broadcrasts"! Rolling Eyes

Would have been better if the itv bit was all joined together, but yeah worse one so far.

The "i" in Comic Sans, the "t" in Times New Roman, and the "v" in Broadway, printed in just plain black on a sheet of A4 white paper and blu-tacked onto a large piece of chipboard would've looked better than this.

Thumbs down

Might as well reveal I'm doing next week's ITV Creates and here it is:

I was inspired by ITV's broad range of shows, which is why I've used the different fonts. The chipboard represents the fact I love how each show is put together, like engineered wood.
My tweet was read out on BBC Four's Eurovision coverage and Rylan Clark-Neal replied to it. That's all.