The Yorkshire and Lincolnshire Thread

(August 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NL
Ne1L C
Very sad. She was only 50. RIP.
ST
South Today
Very often did the Belmont bulletins. Always thought she was a warm presenter who was underused in the main programme. Missed.

I was surprised to see her on the tribute clip presenting the main edition with Mike. I always recall her in the broom cupboard for Calendar East.

14 years ago today we lost Richard Whiteley.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Yes she was no where near regular on the main programme, she probably only did it a handful of times. It was probably mentioned in the very first incarnations of this thread whenever she hosted it.

As said she was a regular across all the other bulletins including the news round up, Calendar East, GMTV & mornings and also weekends.
SP
Spencer
She was also a continuity announcer on Yorkshire for several years before joining Calendar. Very sad news.
NL
Ne1L C
Very often did the Belmont bulletins. Always thought she was a warm presenter who was underused in the main programme. Missed.

I was surprised to see her on the tribute clip presenting the main edition with Mike. I always recall her in the broom cupboard for Calendar East.

14 years? Wow!
ST
South Today

14 years? Wow!

I know where has that time gone?!
JA
JAS84
Complete signal loss on all Freeview channels on the Belmont transmitter about an hour ago.
RA
radiolistener
JAS84 posted:
Complete signal loss on all Freeview channels on the Belmont transmitter about an hour ago.

The signal was acting up well before that.
SC
Schwing
JAS84 posted:

Quite. Am visiting my parents at the moment (East Riding) and they lost all channels about 5:30. It was acting up yesterday.
MA
Markymark
JAS84 posted:

Quite. Am visiting my parents at the moment (East Riding) and they lost all channels about 5:30. It was acting up yesterday.

It’s probably an atmospheric lift due to the weather. Belmont reception often gets clobbered by co channel interference from Crystal Palace in such conditions ( and vice versa)
SP
Steve in Pudsey
And in turn Belmont clobbers my local Emley outpost, Cop Hill (I really should come up with a new username as it's approaching 20 years since I left Pudsey!)
JA
JAS84
But you only joined the forum 16 years ago (4 Jan 2003). Why pick the name "Steve in Pudsey" if you'd already left there a few years prior? Confused

Newer posts