TV Home Forum

Local TV

Are you local? (July 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Comux's RFP for a new telecoms network is quite an interesting read. If you like that sort of thing...

https://comux.co.uk/admin/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Comux-Telecoms-Network-RFP-V1.1.pdf
MA
Markymark
Comux's RFP for a new telecoms network is quite an interesting read. If you like that sort of thing...

https://comux.co.uk/admin/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Comux-Telecoms-Network-RFP-V1.1.pdf

The last page gives away the location of That's TV's 'regional' production (ha) hubs
JA
jamesw83
Pretty big typo on the York one though, it's "Kettlestring Lane", not "Kettering Lane". Still, who expects That's TV to be right about the details?
SC
scottishtv Founding member
Flicked over to That's Scotland News at random a couple of weeks ago. Found the presenter stumbling over her words, then saying "Nah, I've messed that up, let's go again" and taking a swig of water from a water bottle. They also finish the news by saying "Remember, it's your show so tell us what you want to see! Email or tweet us and let us know."

It's all so embarrassing.
JA
james-2001
So cheap they can't even edit out fluffed takes?
SP
Steve in Pudsey
To be fair it's not unknown for the BBC to put out a fluffed take from time to time
VM
VMPhil
To be fair it's not unknown for the BBC to put out a fluffed take from time to time

(Back when I had BBC News tuned in on my computer all day during the 2012 Olympics and could spot things like this).
JA
james-2001
I did see a clip somewhere, I think on the MHP Private Parts, where an overnight showing of Hardtalk opened with a fluffed take of the intro as well. From what I remember, the caption saying Norman Lamont (who I guess was the interviewee on that edition) popped up, Stephen stopped talking, said "oh, what happened" and it cut to a TC7 test card.

I'm guessing on that show it's basically recorded as live, and they started playing the recording back too early?

Edit, found it on YouTube:
Last edited by james-2001 on 29 June 2019 11:52pm - 2 times in total
Inspector Sands, thegeek and Stuart gave kudos
GE
thegeek Founding member
There's only the briefest glimpse of the guest, but it looks like it's but Norman Lamont - perhaps he was the previous guest and they forgot to update the Aston at the start of this recording.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
The VT clock that appears briefly states "Lamont/Hilton/Bloomfield", so perhaps if that shot had continued it would have shown three contributors on the screen
LL
London Lite Founding member
Local TV appears to go back to 1972 in the UK with the launch of Greenwich Cablevision.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenwich_Cablevision
GE
thegeek Founding member
The VT clock that appears briefly states "Lamont/Hilton/Bloomfield", so perhaps if that shot had continued it would have shown three contributors on the screen

So it does. I'm not sure I've ever seen a triple-header HARDTalk before, but apparently that's what there was. Either way, Steven Sackur isn't Norman Lamont, which I guess was the real reason for the retake!

Newer posts