TV Home Forum

ITV Programming Thread

2017 (January 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DV
dvboy
Yes, last year's finals were on ITV rather than ITV4, this year is the first they've not been.

I have a feeling they may have moved a semi final to ITV in the past when Andy Murray has played it.
BR
Brekkie
Googling "Loose Women AXED" might provide the answer. Wink
DV
dvboy
I think the decision to move may not happen until late tonight given there will be a change to the tournament schedule if today turns out to be the expected washout.

10 days later

JA
JAS84
The Chase's Paul Sinha has been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48640653
NL
Ne1L C
Very sad news. He's very brave as is everyone with that awful condition.
IS
Inspector Sands
That's sad news, kind of explains some of his performance on the current series of Taskmaster.

12 days later

GO
gottago
There's a Broadcast article today about Ofcom tightening the Nations and Regions rules where PSBs are obliged to produce a certain amount of programmes outside London. It's got this interesting nugget:

Quote:
Elsewhere, Ofcom has closed the loophole that allowed PSBs to count self-promotional content as out of London content.

In 2017, ITV’s late-night show info reel ITV Nightscreen, which is made in the Midlands, accounted for 600 hours of programming, more than twice that of any of its other OOL productions. Had it not been counted, the broadcaster would have missed by two percentage points its target for 35% of its main channel output hours to be OOL.

So with the loophole closed this could mean we finally see the end of Nightscreen which has no doubt been continuing purely to take advantage of it.
WH
Whataday Founding member
That IS interesting. I wondering what the axing of Jeremy Kyle will do to that target.
JA
JAS84
Nightscreen is basically Channel Off Air, so it should never have counted to that quota.
BBI45 and Lou Scannon gave kudos
KE
kernow
There's a Broadcast article today about Ofcom tightening the Nations and Regions rules where PSBs are obliged to produce a certain amount of programmes outside London. It's got this interesting nugget:

Quote:
Elsewhere, Ofcom has closed the loophole that allowed PSBs to count self-promotional content as out of London content.

In 2017, ITV’s late-night show info reel ITV Nightscreen, which is made in the Midlands, accounted for 600 hours of programming, more than twice that of any of its other OOL productions. Had it not been counted, the broadcaster would have missed by two percentage points its target for 35% of its main channel output hours to be OOL.

So with the loophole closed this could mean we finally see the end of Nightscreen which has no doubt been continuing purely to take advantage of it.

Can't see Nightscreen ending any time soon, as it must be very cheap to produce, and is probably cheaper than repeats.

The only realistic alternative would be teleshopping, but that seems unlikely to happen, given that it seems to have disappeared from ITV now. If it was going to come back, it would have happened when Jackpot 24/7 ended.
WH
Whataday Founding member
I'm pretty sure there's an expenditure quota they have to hit as well so even if they make the programming hours, if they're not spending enough OOL they can still get fined.
GO
gottago
That IS interesting. I wondering what the axing of Jeremy Kyle will do to that target.

They’re certainly desperate to fill that slot with something, only accepting programme ideas that will be made outside of London.

Tipping Point moved to Bristol last year to help with the quota, there aren’t really any other regular daytime shows they could realistically move (that aren’t already made outside of London) so it could have a big effect on the amount of prime time shows made out of the capital. Which is a good thing of course.

Newer posts