The Newsroom

The Real McCoy Thread

(June 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JW
JamesWorldNews
He’s presenting “This Week”, this week. I’m keen to see how this goes.

Although his newsroom and on-location abilities are now well documented, I think Simon now needs to be given a go at a few other things.

A one-off shot at Newsnight should also be in the offing over the summer.
AS
AlexS
Someone should inform whoever is in charge of the This Week twitter account if that is actually the case...
SP
Steve in Pudsey

NE
News96
This should be interesting!
RN
Rolling News

Although his newsroom and on-location abilities are now well documented, I think Simon now needs to be given a go at a few other things.

Simon must never, ever leave the BBC News Channel. Ever.
:-(
A former member

I don’t know - he was a pretty good foil for Kay Burley when they presented Sky News together.

I think my favourite moment was when Kay was live at (I think) the end of the last flight of Concorde after being on board, after which Simon quipped “the dragon has landed”. I can only assume that somewhere, Frank Partridge was watching and wondering whether or not he’d get away with saying that.
RN
Rolling News

I don’t know - he was a pretty good foil for Kay Burley when they presented Sky News together.

I think my favourite moment was when Kay was live at (I think) the end of the last flight of Concorde after being on board, after which Simon quipped “the dragon has landed”. I can only assume that somewhere, Frank Partridge was watching and wondering whether or not he’d get away with saying that.

I don’t remember watching it but I read on Twitter somewhere that Simon and Kay were on together at the dawn of the new millennium, and Simon asked her what the last one was like. That made me chuckle.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Is someone insinuating that Ms. Burley is dragon-like?

That’s outrageous!

As for Simon, he’s a natural. Possibly a candidate for Six.
MC
mccanmat
https://youtu.be/DXsSA3otC0M Already hinted at months ago Wink
RN
Rolling News
Is This Week pre recorded? As Simon still did Afternoon Live earlier.
NE
News96
Nope defintely live althrough this does bring me to another question-why is the very last edition pre-recorded!

DA
davidhorman
Nope defintely live althrough this does bring me to another question-why is the very last edition pre-recorded!

The clue's probably in the words "audience" and "location." Spanning midnight on a school day is probably not the most practical time to be doing something like that - not to mention the unpredictability that's much easier to deal with if you can edit.

Newer posts