TV Home Forum

BBC Two breakdown - The Family Brain Games

Split from BBC Two 2018 Revamp (June 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IS
Inspector Sands
Makes me wonder how they're able to take control when there's a breaking news story and they interrupt for an NC simulcast, but bringing up a breakdown slide seemed almost impossible.

They're two different things. One is making a change to the schedule, if there's a newsflash then that's put into the schedule on the automation just like a any other news bulletin would be. The directors make changes frequently throughout the day, they never don't have 'control'.

Bringing up a breakdown slide is something that's needed to be done suddenly, and sometimes as a result of the system that normally puts things to air failing.

The way round it is a way to cut from whatever is faulty to an alternative downstream of the computer, but that's an added complication and presumably not an option with their system. Such a thing can itself cause cock ups too
Last edited by Inspector Sands on 21 June 2019 6:24am
FG
FraserGJ
This was brought up on POV today (right at the end) - official response from the BBC was that it was a 'playout issue'.

I noticed the show was on Celebrity Gogglebox on Friday too - no mention of the breakdown there but I assumed that they didn't watch the shows live anyway!
NA
natwel27
This was brought up on POV today (right at the end) - official response from the BBC was that it was a 'playout issue'.

I noticed the show was on Celebrity Gogglebox on Friday too - no mention of the breakdown there but I assumed that they didn't watch the shows live anyway!

Imagine that. Celebrity Gogglebox reaction to BBC Two Breakdown.
MR
mr_vivian
I think they record the Celeb versions on Mondays and I believe they get advanced copies of programmes from some shows.

59 days later

IC
Ident_Circle
Asa posted:
For those who missed it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVDO5WOx8Kg
From @Ident_Circle

Thank you Administrators for sharing our video just made an account to say thank you
London Lite and Colorband gave kudos
CA
Capybara
Asa posted:
For those who missed it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVDO5WOx8Kg
From @Ident_Circle

Thank you Administrators for sharing our video just made an account to say thank you

It is nice that you wanted to thank Asa, but you could have just sent a PM as opposed to opening up a discussion that has been inactive for the last two months.

Newer posts