The Newsroom

ITV News

Split from ITV News 2013 Rebrand (January 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JK
JKDerry
It's been the case all month. On Tuesdays too with a 90 minute drama repeat also cut by 10 minutes.

I don't watch ITV much, this is why I didn't notice. ITV is not my first channel of choice and certainly don't mull over schedules every day. I just ask the question, why do they bump the news to this weird slot on a Friday, and not consider just airing it at 10.00pm as usual. Just an observation, an opinion, which I wanted to share.

Well for someone who claims not to watch ITV much, you don't half go on and on about it. Just an observation.

Here we go again. You just can't type anything on here without someone complaining. Tell me again, what is the point of TV Forum? Isn't it to give your views and opinions? It seems this remit is getting watered down, as whatever you comment, there is always someone ready to whack you down.
UB
UBox
Have we ever seen this logo before?:

VM
VMPhil
Yes we have. Because Whataday made it as a mock up of what the new ITV News logo would look like in the 2013 rebrand…

https://www.tvforum.co.uk/forums/post849813#post-849813
BR
Brekkie
Duncan Golestani reading tonight's bulletins. First time I've seen him - looks like he tends to freelance as reporter/trainer for ITV News and newsreader for the BBC.
BA
bilky asko
Duncan Golestani reading tonight's bulletins. First time I've seen him - looks like he tends to freelance as reporter/trainer for ITV News and newsreader for the BBC.

He's presented a few ITV News bulletins before, it's been a while since he's been on ITV News though.
AN
Andrew Founding member

He's presented a few ITV News bulletins before, it's been a while since he's been on ITV News though.

I think I’ve seen him host weekend/holiday lunchtime ones before (that don’t count), but it’s the first time I’ve seen him hosting a proper bulletin.
MA
Macalolo
He’s an occasional presenter of ITV London’s late bulletin

12 days later

GI
ginofish
John Ray is to (or may have already) vacate the Africa Correspondent role and return to London. He was reporting on the top story tonight and was live in the studio. Be interested if he comes back to general reporting or indeed a specific brief- he has covered diplomacy, politics and UK Affairs in the past.

https://mobile.twitter.com/johnrayitv/status/1139144978263871490

Penny Marshall is to replace him
https://mobile.twitter.com/pennymitv

Be interesting to see if Penny is replaced as Social Affairs Editor. They currently have Emily Morgan and Rebecca Barry who do a lot of work on the health and social affairs brief as Correspondents. Whether they simply just keep them as Correspondents for this area or promote one or both (one to health Editor, one to SA) remains to be seen. The Health Editor brief seems a incongruous one at ITV News. Both Rachel Younger (now a general Correspondent) and Catherine Jones (returned to 5 News) appeared to vacate it after short tenures and without explanation.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Sian Williams is to step-down from ITN’s 5 News for three months. She will focus on other work. Including documentary filming.

Dani Sinha will replace Sian in her absence.
NYTV, London Lite and watchingtv gave kudos
JW
JamesWorldNews
Emma Crosby on 5 News.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Emma Crosby on 5 News.

The return of Emma Crosby to the show she previously anchored before Sian took over.

10 days later

AN
Andrew Founding member
So which regions decamped outside today for their programmes due to the weather?

Newer posts