The Newsroom

BBC World News | 30th October 2017 Onwards

(October 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IS
Inspector Sands

Are the more popular African programs the Focus On Africa feed I see in behind the scenes multiviewers?

That's the one. It gets shown on World News too
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/n13xtmgm

So it’s half an hour on World News but does it also has its own dedicated feed?

The half hour programme goes out on World and is also sent out to TV stations in Africa
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focus_on_Africa_%28TV_programme%29?wprov=sfla1

There's also a World Service radio programme called Focus on Africa
PE
Pete Founding member
I think what matters here is the kidney desk is vile and needs binned and replaced with a normal desk on a rostrum and a telly to stand next to.

It is one of the ugliest desks I've ever seen, and I remember the East Midlands Today Ironing Board
Justin, the eye and Critique gave kudos
CR
Critique
Pete posted:
I think what matters here is the kidney desk is vile and needs binned and replaced with a normal desk on a rostrum and a telly to stand next to.

It is one of the ugliest desks I've ever seen, and I remember the East Midlands Today Ironing Board

One of the many bad things to come out of the launch of the Victoria Derbyshire programme!

23 days later

JF
JF World News
If anyone wondering why World is in C its because B is being prepared for 'Our Next Prime Minister' which is on at 19:00GMT
LL
London Lite Founding member
JPF posted:
If anyone wondering why World is in C its because B is being prepared for 'Our Next Prime Minister' which is on at 19:00GMT

So World is taking it as well? No respite from British domestic politics for foreign viewers either.
NE
News96
Surely World could have gone on with Outside Source as normal since the Debate is a domestic story?
JPF posted:

Explains why Reeta Chakrabarti was in the virtual studio for the Five Yesterday as well!
AS
AlexS
Surely World could have gone on with Outside Source as normal since the Debate is a domestic story?
JPF posted:

Explains why Reeta Chakrabarti was in the virtual studio for the Five Yesterday as well!

No reason to believe that World won't go to OS at 19:00GMT however it is Global that is on World during the five.
DA
Dave Founding member
World is taking the debate - have been promoting it all evening
IT
Ittr
I'm not sure what's happened, exactly, but the upper red lightbox above the catwalk seems really shiny today in Studio C.
RA
Ros_Atkins32
Well-spotted there. I can pretty much see the shiny effect quite closely.
bkman1990 and JamesWorldNews gave kudos
EY
the eye
Just looks over lit accompanied by shadows from equipment hanging on ceiling.
HA
harshy Founding member
It wasn’t there before I noticed it a few months ago though.

Newer posts