TV Home Forum

Sky News By Election Special 11:30pm

Coverage from the Westminster Studio (September 2003)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MD
mdtauk
SKYnews extended its News at Ten programme and the day's Hutton Recreation has been canceled so it can be seen tomorrow at 9:30am.

The Brent By-Election special is still happening 11:30pm
:-(
A former member
there hasn't been an extended Sky News at Ten for a while, it's a shame that the old style N@T isn't used any more, it really stood out from the rest of sky's programming.

The new westminster studio is looking good.
FU
fusionlad Founding member
Not sure about the image on the mini newswall. Or the plain blue background behind the guests on the left.
A former member
They've had a few wide hots of the studio and videowall - looks very nice indeed, and they also have a mini "sky news" desk with illuminated logo, so it would seem that they have quite a few more uses for this studio lined up. Perhaps Adam Boultons unnamed political show is happening after all.....
FU
fusionlad Founding member
What do people think of John Craig? I'm warming to him, he seems very on-the-ball, and can be quite witty.
NH
Nick Harvey Founding member
Lord Wellington posted:
They've had a few wide hots of the studio and videowall

"Wide hots"?

What, with their legs far apart?
CA
cat
Well, this is all very puzzling, isn't it.

11:20pm Newsnight's Mr Crick: "It looks like Labour have just held on here"

11.45pm Sky correspondent: "I've spoken to Simon Hughes [Lib Dem top bod] who says he thinks they've missed out this time"

12.00am BBC correspondent: "I've got to say, there are a lot of confident Lib Dems here, they really think they can do it tonight"

12.10am Oh, and here we go again... Sky saying the Lib Dems look to be ahead.

The telly people really can't help themselves, can they?!

Democracy. What fun.
A former member
fusionlad posted:
What do people think of John Craig? I'm warming to him, he seems very on-the-ball, and can be quite witty.

I remember Jon Craig from a previous life (his, not mine). He is very good, lots of contacts and a mine of insider information
LO
Londoner
Well I thought the Sky coverage was very well done.

I hope we see more similar output from the great new Westminster studio
JB
JB
On News 24 poor Jon Sopel had to sit with that lot for over two hours going round in circles with the same discussions and the same old arguments wheeled out every by-election...poor bloke. I bet he was wishing for it to be over with, and you could tell when he pleaded with the reporter at Brent to tell him when it would be declared!

Newer posts