The Newsroom

The New ITV & BBC Weather Thread

BBC Thunderbolts - Are they Red, White or Blue... or yellow? (September 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ST
South Today
ITV recruiting a weekend weather presenter for the Northern regions, not a posting I thought I’d see.

Sadly it's Emma Jesson's position. From looking at her Twitter it seems she had resigned to care for a relative.

74 days later

DV
DVB Cornwall
More elements of Meteogroup's commercial weather apps have made their way onto the BBC Weather online service. The lead page now no longer features a forecast map on it but the option to enter a subsequent page is offered which when selected is available to configure as the viewer wants. Still clunky compared to Meteogroup's native versions but not a bad attempt to integrate given the BBC online rules and styles.
LS
Lou Scannon
ITV recruiting a weekend weather presenter for the Northern regions, not a posting I thought I’d see.

Sadly it's Emma Jesson's position. From looking at her Twitter it seems she had resigned to care for a relative.

"Bye-bye".
BE
Benjamin1
Emma is returning.

Helen Roberts presenting regional weather today. From the met office according to her advertised Twitter.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Helen Roberts presenting regional weather today. From the met office according to her advertised Twitter.

Yes, it was noticeable during Lookaround that she was using the Exeter studio due to the fact the presenter is in SD, while the graphics are in HD.

The same studio is used for Channel 5 and some ITV West Country bulletins when Charlie or Kate are working from the Met Office.
LL
Emma Jesson was on the Border weather bulletin this evening. Presumably on the other northern regions as well?
LL
Martin Stew left ITV London today.

:-(
A former member
The member requested removal of this post
Last edited by A former member on 26 March 2021 8:49pm
HA
harshy Founding member
Maybe Reith caught a virus or something?
CS
Crazy Steve

Please explain what a graphic glitch with the weather has to do with Reith?
HA
harshy Founding member

Please explain what a graphic glitch with the weather has to do with Reith?

Nothing it’s just a mild joke nothing sinister unless there is a Reith virus out there.
Rexogamer, fusionlad and BBI45 gave kudos

24 days later

PF
PFML84
Reith seems to have equally spaced numerals, but for some reason on BBC Weather's website they don't and are tightly together. It doesn't happen anywhere else on the BBC website. Wonder why they've done this for Weather only as space certainly isn't the reason.

Newer posts