TV Home Forum

BT Sport - Launch of BT Sport Ultimate

Dolby Atmos to be introduced 28-Nov-2020 (June 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DV
DVB Cornwall
BT Sport carrying extensive coverage of the 2019 European Games from Minsk Belarus from next weekend.

Saturday has, as an example, six simultaneous feeds advertised on 1, 3, X1, X2, X3 and X4.
SH
Sh1ruba
The opening ceremony is on BT Sport 1 this Friday starting at 8pm.
And the closing ceremony, probably will be on 1, is on Sunday 30th June, where we'll see the handover to our soon-to-be-confirmed future hosts in 2023, Poland!
Krakow is the only candidate, it seems. So they'll be confirmed as hosts this Saturday.
BR
Brekkie
Last time around they basically offered the same feeds that were on Youtube, and I don't think there was any surrounding presentation.

Sadly the European Games are not the Continental Olympics they were intended to be - the European federations didn't want to give away their own championships to form it, so basically formed their own rival European Sports Championships instead, which were much more successful not just because they were top tier events for the sport, but because they knew to make them successful you had to get the coverage only the EBU could provide across Europe and have them free to air on the PSBs of Europe.
BM
BM11
Only Archery, Badminton, Boxing and Judo have GB team members who are olympic standard.
DV
DVB Cornwall
BTTV top tier pricing rising by £4 per month from the end of July.
BR
Brekkie
Time to strike a deal I think. They want me to start paying for BT Sport too. I don't think so!
BC
Blake Connolly Founding member
As predicted - WWE announced as coming to BT Sport from January.
LL
Larry the Loafer

Considering a WWE Network subscription is a third of the price of BT Sport and, so I'm told, offers free streams of the PPV events, I don't see how BT expect to gain extra custom from WWE fans.
UK
UKnews

Considering a WWE Network subscription is a third of the price of BT Sport and, so I'm told, offers free streams of the PPV events, I don't see how BT expect to gain extra custom from WWE fans.

I believe the regular weekly shows aren’t available on WWE Network for at least a couple of weeks after their broadcast, so to follow the ‘story’ before each PPV you’d have to have seen them, the hardcore fans will need both.
CY
cylon6
When does this BT Sport/Sky deal start? It's the only way I'll be watching WWE.

https://www.skygroup.sky/corporate/media-centre/articles/en-gb/sky-and-bt-agree-cross-supply-of-tv-channels
FO
FanOfTV99

I believe the regular weekly shows aren’t available on WWE Network for at least a couple of weeks after their broadcast, so to follow the ‘story’ before each PPV you’d have to have seen them, the hardcore fans will need both.

As a subscriber, I dont know why they do this. Maybe it's to edit out any unexpected moments I think
UK
UKnews

As a subscriber, I dont know why they do this. Maybe it's to edit out any unexpected moments I think

No, far more straightforward - it’s to protect their deals with TV networks for the regular weekly shows. They want those reaching a big audience (some of which are FTA / OTA in the US) and need to keep those networks happy.

With the PPVs they may not lose that much money because they’re getting the full amount rather than a large share of what the cable / satellite subscriber would pay. Whilst the price is lower, subscribers to WWE network pay for all the PPVs through their subscription rather than picking and choosing via the PPV broadcast. Presumably they’ve done the sums and have decided they’ll make more - or at least no less - money that way. In the US it helps them to target a younger audience more used to streaming who may not have a cable or satellite subscription, but who can see some the weekly shows via FTA networks.

Newer posts