Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Who is hosting the BBC debate?
Stay Local. Stay Safe. Stay Alive.
MI
m_in_m Anglia (East) Look East
Who is hosting the BBC debate?

Emily Matlis
AN
all new Phil Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Quote:
Boris Johnson may be culled

It's getting like Game of Thrones round here!

And you're surprised? In my view, the various different Tory leadership elections since about 1989, they've all had some sort of "Game Of Thrones"-esque quality about them. Other leadership elections for other parties, also tend to have a similar quality about them, although mostly a bit less so. Admittedly the coverage of these various contests, may have helped create that impression somewhat, but that's how I've seen it over the years. Also admittedly, this particular contest does seem more "Game Of Thrones"-esque than previous ones.

I’m not sure I follow.
CI
cityprod West Country (West) Spotlight

It's getting like Game of Thrones round here!

And you're surprised? In my view, the various different Tory leadership elections since about 1989, they've all had some sort of "Game Of Thrones"-esque quality about them. Other leadership elections for other parties, also tend to have a similar quality about them, although mostly a bit less so. Admittedly the coverage of these various contests, may have helped create that impression somewhat, but that's how I've seen it over the years. Also admittedly, this particular contest does seem more "Game Of Thrones"-esque than previous ones.

I’m not sure I follow.

There's always a lot of metaphorical backstabbing in these contests, and none of the people in these contests come across as particularly pleasant, much like many of the characters in Game Of Thrones.
PA
Parker

I’m not sure I follow.

There's always a lot of metaphorical backstabbing in these contests, and none of the people in these contests come across as particularly pleasant, much like many of the characters in Game Of Thrones.

Because they aren't particularly nice people in reality Very Happy
..."at the first sign of danger my pussy's hairs stand on end" Betty Slocombe 27/05/1975
LL
London Lite Founding member London London
Not to mention the copious amount of sex some of these politicians allegedly get up to!
BK
bkman1990 UTV Newsline
Two Conservative Association chairmen from West Suffolk & Canterbury are being interviewed on the leadership contest by Lukwesa Burak from E on the NC.
CL
Clouseau Anglia (East) Look East
Unfortunately I missed that. Did she ask if you are allowed to marry your cousin in Suffolk?
DV
DVB Cornwall West Country (West) Spotlight
The Guardian ....

Pulling no punches ....

JO
Jon Central (West) Midlands Today
Two Conservative Association chairmen from West Suffolk & Canterbury are being interviewed on the leadership contest by Lukwesa Burak from E on the NC.

Why is this worthy of a mention?
NE
Newsroom
The Evening News just briefly fell off air for about 5 seconds, oddly the colour bars had Pinewood Studios written on them.

The Channel 4 debate is coming from Pinewood.
JK
JKDerry UTV Newsline
The Evening News just briefly fell off air for about 5 seconds, oddly the colour bars had Pinewood Studios written on them.

The Channel 4 debate is coming from Pinewood.

Channel 4 have used Pinewood for their general election night programme. It is a studio which seems they favour to use for their key political shows/coverage.

Newer posts