« Topics
all new Phil3,344 posts since 12 Feb 2005
Granada North West Today
Quote:
Boris Johnson may be culled

It's getting like Game of Thrones round here!

And you're surprised? In my view, the various different Tory leadership elections since about 1989, they've all had some sort of "Game Of Thrones"-esque quality about them. Other leadership elections for other parties, also tend to have a similar quality about them, although mostly a bit less so. Admittedly the coverage of these various contests, may have helped create that impression somewhat, but that's how I've seen it over the years. Also admittedly, this particular contest does seem more "Game Of Thrones"-esque than previous ones.

I’m not sure I follow.
I love lamp
cityprod2,011 posts since 3 Oct 2005
Westcountry Spotlight

It's getting like Game of Thrones round here!

And you're surprised? In my view, the various different Tory leadership elections since about 1989, they've all had some sort of "Game Of Thrones"-esque quality about them. Other leadership elections for other parties, also tend to have a similar quality about them, although mostly a bit less so. Admittedly the coverage of these various contests, may have helped create that impression somewhat, but that's how I've seen it over the years. Also admittedly, this particular contest does seem more "Game Of Thrones"-esque than previous ones.

I’m not sure I follow.

There's always a lot of metaphorical backstabbing in these contests, and none of the people in these contests come across as particularly pleasant, much like many of the characters in Game Of Thrones.
Parker78 posts since 16 May 2019

I’m not sure I follow.

There's always a lot of metaphorical backstabbing in these contests, and none of the people in these contests come across as particularly pleasant, much like many of the characters in Game Of Thrones.

Because they aren't particularly nice people in reality Very Happy
..."at the first sign of danger my pussy's hairs stand on end" Betty Slocombe 27/05/1975