TV Home Forum

New BBC corporate font: BBC Reith

To replace Gill Sans in print and on screen (May 2017)

HB
HarryB Meridian (Thames Valley) South Today
How it appears on my laptop:
WO
Worzel Anglia (West) Look East (West sub-opt)
Moz posted:

It's July, so clear your diaries, get the time booked off, cause that's what I'm doing.

JULY!!!!!?

Last edited by Worzel on 15 June 2019 6:56pm
NA
natwel27 Meridian (South East) South East Today
Reith is fake news... It's been invented by the Chinese. ~Donald Trump
SH
Sh1ruba Recently warned Central (West) Midlands Today
Am I the only one completely not bothered by this madness over a font of all things?
Come on, people, there are better things in the world to worry about like, Boris becoming PM.
No wonder why Russell Howard liked to joke about him a lot on Good News, Boris is a nutcase that looks like a gibbon.
AN
all new Phil Recently warned Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Everyone loves a Reith update (!)...

The trailer for next week’s Killing Eve on BBC One just used Reith for the ‘Saturday 9.15pm’ text.

Contain yourselves please.
Lou Scannon and Juicy Joe gave kudos
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member Central (West) Midlands Today

The trailer for next week’s Killing Eve on BBC One just used Reith for the ‘Saturday 9.15pm’ text.

This could be a critical clue/spoiler for when Reith will be launched!! At least for BBC1 idents/presentation.
MO
Moz Wales Today

#skillsforlife
JF
JetixFann450 Central Reporting Scotland
In before someone says "Reith is definitely coming next Saturday!"
Do you even read these?
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Maybe they're planning to finally take the plunge once BBC One launches a new look and it's that, rather than implementing the font itself, holding things up.

#wishfulthinking
Be nicer and more tolerant to each other. Them's the rules.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member Central (West) Midlands Today
Maybe they're planning to finally take the plunge once BBC One launches a new look and it's that, rather than implementing the font itself, holding things up.

#wishfulthinking

"Reith will launch on screen in T-Minus 26 TV Forum pages and counting" Wink
WO
Worzel Anglia (West) Look East (West sub-opt)
The latest BBC World News one-minute update also features Reith and a new strap.

How do I view that I? Has a cross thru the play button

I think videos uploaded on Metropol with a public link, for some reason, don't work in Safari on Mac and iOS. If it was uploaded with a private link it would work, and it works in other browsers.

EDIT: Actually this one doesn't work when downloaded either, so it may not be encoded properly?

Based on that, I've updated my mocks I did before. I wonder if we could end up with something like this for the News channel?

Last edited by Worzel on 16 June 2019 11:51am
JO
Jon Central (West) Midlands Today
These are quite nice for the most part and better than what we’ve been seeing so far. I would suggest you’d take the transparency off the text though.

Newer posts

No further posts are being accepted for this topic