The Newsroom

BBC News Channel Presentation - 21/03/16 onwards

Split from BBC News Channel General Discussion (March 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
How is the World News local time graphic generated?

Only ask as its currently showing the local time in Westminster as being 14:17 when it should be 19:17.

It's a visual representation that Westminster is behind the times.
RK
Rkolsen
AlexS posted:
How is the World News local time graphic generated?

Only ask as its currently showing the local time in Westminster as being 14:17 when it should be 19:17.

Pretty sure it's been previously said that it is inputted manually. I would presume that for the UK time to be wrong that someone has forgotten to reset it after it's previous use.

Yeah, deejay said that. Said they often have to look it up. But that’s funny.

Maybe it was a producer for Beyond 100 Days from the US side coding the show or they just screwed it up because the previous live was from DC where it was at that time 14:17.
DE
deejay
It's an offset compared to GMT, so in British Summertime a UK Location would need +1 in it. It's possible in this instance that someone copied and pasted a Live Locator template from a Washington DC live into a Westminster Live page and forgot to update the offset.
WL
W1LL
Strange to see the BBC faffing about with special lower thirds on a (presumably) outgoing graphics package. They’ve used them three times in the last week or so for Trump, D-Day celebrations and now the Tory leadership race. All big events don’t get me wrong, but they only seemed to usually occur on major events. They look awfully tacky too, particularly the set currently being used for the Tory leadership contest.
JA
Jamesypoo
I doubt it's a faff really though. They're just the regular graphics but with the gap to insert an image as is seen quite regularly on programmes like The Papers.
RN
Rolling News
Does anyone know the name of the song they use to promote weekends on the News Channel?
HA
harshy Founding member
Why do those weekend trailers have a black coloured endboard, terrible.
DW
DavidWhitfield
Did she even apologise to the viewers, or just her assembled guests in the studio?

She commented about it on Twitter but never actually apologised for her sexist smear against men.

The after comment is probably worse than the c bomb itself.

Completely agreed, since her mispronouncing Jeremy's surname was a mere slip of the tongue, while her sexist 'it's usually men who say that' comment was meant sincerely. I'd love to see Jeremy Vine trying to get away with making an on air error by saying "it's usually women who do things like that!" I bet it wouldn't garner any negative attention at aaaaall...
Worzel, JamesTV and Ittr gave kudos
MA
mannewskev
Didn't she mean it in the sense that only specific male presenters have made that mistake previously?
NA
natwel27
Did anyone else notice the "interruption" on South East?
LL
London Lite Founding member
Did anyone else notice the "interruption" on South East?

Yes, a Trumpesque quote, which is a challenge given to people who walk past reporters doing lives.
WO
Worzel
Any idea what happened just before 11am this morning?

The travel show seemed to run short for some reason resulting in a weather forecast at 10:54 and almost 5 minutes of promos. One would guess the programme started too early?

Newer posts