TV Home Forum

New BBC corporate font: BBC Reith

To replace Gill Sans in print and on screen (May 2017)

VM
VMPhil Granada North West Today
The latest BBC World News one-minute update also features Reith and a new strap.

How do I view that I? Has a cross thru the play button

I think videos uploaded on Metropol with a public link, for some reason, don't work in Safari on Mac and iOS. If it was uploaded with a private link it would work, and it works in other browsers.

EDIT: Actually this one doesn't work when downloaded either, so it may not be encoded properly?
BA
bilky asko Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
It works fine via Opera on my Personal Computer and on my Android device.

Avatar Credit: © Independent Television News. Avatar Subject: Jonathan George Snow HonFRIBA
BK
bkman1990 UTV Newsline
The slide for the 2019 Cricket World Cup on the BBC News at 10 in E was written in Reith.
MO
Moz Wales Today

It's July, so clear your diaries, get the time booked off, cause that's what I'm doing.

JULY!!!!!?
#skillsforlife
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member Central (West) Midlands Today
Moz posted:

It's July, so clear your diaries, get the time booked off, cause that's what I'm doing.

JULY!!!!!?

Is there an echo in here?
JA
james-2001 Central (East) East Midlands Today
Moz posted:

JULY!!!!!?

Looks like another month of sleepless nights for you.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member Central (West) Midlands Today
Moz posted:

JULY!!!!!?

Moz can lie on the edge of the bed, he'll soon drop off Very Happy

*deadly silence punctuated by the sound of chirping crickets descends, followed by my shuffling round grabbing my coat and leaving*
MO
Moz Wales Today
Moz posted:

JULY!!!!!?

I don’t think people round here get the “X more sleeps” thing. It doesn’t mean you’re not going to sleep. It means your *are* going to sleep. Hence the *sleeps* bit!
#skillsforlife
BA
bilky asko Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Moz posted:

JULY!!!!!?

Mid-July 2020.

Avatar Credit: © Independent Television News. Avatar Subject: Jonathan George Snow HonFRIBA
Lou Scannon and Jay Lee gave kudos
NE
News96 Look North (Yorkshire)
Let's hope it is Mid-July this year as quite frankly this is getting tedious now!
RO
Rofters Granada North West Today
Moz posted:

JULY!!!!!?

Mid-July 2020.

Or at this rate July 2120
Together as one in hating oneness.
AG
AxG Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Is this thing new? First time I've seen serif on the news site.

Newer posts

No further posts are being accepted for this topic