The Newsroom

Brexitcast - The TV Show

(June 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
This Week was niche as well. That's why it worked.
:-(
A former member
Brexitcast is a bit too niche. Can’t say I’m excited by this news.

Talking about Brexit is niche?

No, Brexitcast is niche. Guarantee it will not rate anywhere near what This Week does.
MD
mdtauk
Once brexit is done with, the political Pabst podcast can continue
IS
Inspector Sands
Once brexit is done with, the political Pabst podcast can continue

If it is ever done with Rolling Eyes

83 days later

WH
Whataday Founding member
The podcast is using a new graphic as of today. I presume it's taken from the titles of the TV show:

The show starts one week today and is only scheduled to be 30 mins long. I'm sure on a busy news day there is scope to extend as it's only the BBC News simulcast that follows.
DO
dosxuk
The podcast is using a new graphic as of today. I presume it's taken from the titles of the TV show:

The show starts one week today and is only scheduled to be 30 mins long. I'm sure on a busy news day there is scope to extend as it's only the BBC News simulcast that follows.

It has a new look and new titles, but the TV show is just doing to be them recording their normal (non-klaxon edition) podcast, with radio studios in Westminster and Brussels kitted out with cameras. Apparently they had the option to go to a full TV studio, but wanted to stay true to the format.
NG
noggin Founding member

It has a new look and new titles, but the TV show is just doing to be them recording their normal (non-klaxon edition) podcast, with radio studios in Westminster and Brussels kitted out with cameras. Apparently they had the option to go to a full TV studio, but wanted to stay true to the format.

Yes - I imagine they could have done it in the Millbank TV studio like they did when they took over 'Politics Live' or when 'The Bottom Line' recorded at Millbank rather than in a radio studio.

I think they are right to avoid turning it into a TV show.
MI
m_in_m

Yes - I imagine they could have done it in the Millbank TV studio like they did when they took over 'Politics Live' or when 'The Bottom Line' recorded at Millbank rather than in a radio studio.

I think they are right to avoid turning it into a TV show.

I just hope that the TV time limit doesn't restrict the podcast. Hopefully they'll still aim for a particular length and just edit down the TV edition - but that might not be so easy in the time available.
MD
mdtauk
This TV edition replaces the regular weekly Brexitcast on a Thursday - but they will continue to do the impromptu emergency Brexitcasts, so they can dig into the detail and be as long as needed.
NE
News96
Interestingly (from Next Thursday) the BBC1 Showing of Brexitcast will actually be the repeat as the News Channel will be seeing it first at 9:30pm (instead of the 2nd half of Outside Source) However i think this maybe for the launch only
MD
mdtauk
We got a small peak at what Brexitcast will look like during Politics Live

MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse
Interestingly (from Next Thursday) the BBC1 Showing of Brexitcast will actually be the repeat as the News Channel will be seeing it first at 9:30pm (instead of the 2nd half of Outside Source) However i think this maybe for the launch only

Doesn't mention being a one-off for launch, also airing on BBC World News instead of Outside Source

https://twitter.com/BBCNewsPR/status/1169950106663211009?s=20

Newer posts