« Topics
AlexS740 posts since 19 Oct 2016
Central (East) Midlands Today
How is the World News local time graphic generated?

Only ask as its currently showing the local time in Westminster as being 14:17 when it should be 19:17.

Pretty sure it's been previously said that it is inputted manually. I would presume that for the UK time to be wrong that someone has forgotten to reset it after it's previous use.
Rkolsen2,808 posts since 20 Jan 2014
BBC World News
How is the World News local time graphic generated?

Only ask as its currently showing the local time in Westminster as being 14:17 when it should be 19:17.

Pretty sure it's been previously said that it is inputted manually. I would presume that for the UK time to be wrong that someone has forgotten to reset it after it's previous use.

Yeah, deejay said that. Said they often have to look it up. But that’s funny.

Maybe it was a producer for Beyond 100 Days from the US side coding the show or they just screwed it up because the previous live was from DC where it was at that time 14:17.
Don’t let anyone treat you like you’re a VO/SOT when you’re a PKG.
deejay2,904 posts since 5 Jan 2003
Central (South) Oxford
It's an offset compared to GMT, so in British Summertime a UK Location would need +1 in it. It's possible in this instance that someone copied and pasted a Live Locator template from a Washington DC live into a Westminster Live page and forgot to update the offset.
Two minutes regions...
marshmallow353 posts since 4 Nov 2015
Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
Strange to see the BBC faffing about with special lower thirds on a (presumably) outgoing graphics package. They’ve used them three times in the last week or so for Trump, D-Day celebrations and now the Tory leadership race. All big events don’t get me wrong, but they only seemed to usually occur on major events. They look awfully tacky too, particularly the set currently being used for the Tory leadership contest.
ittrgrey gave kudos
DavidWhitfield644 posts since 16 Oct 2013
Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Did she even apologise to the viewers, or just her assembled guests in the studio?

She commented about it on Twitter but never actually apologised for her sexist smear against men.

The after comment is probably worse than the c bomb itself.

Completely agreed, since her mispronouncing Jeremy's surname was a mere slip of the tongue, while her sexist 'it's usually men who say that' comment was meant sincerely. I'd love to see Jeremy Vine trying to get away with making an on air error by saying "it's usually women who do things like that!" I bet it wouldn't garner any negative attention at aaaaall...
Guess who's big in the back time.
Worzel, JamesTV and ittrgrey gave kudos
No further posts are being accepted for this topic