TV Home Forum

BBC Two 2018 Revamp

New ident ‘Discovery’ - p89 (September 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MA
Markymark
All we need is some new idents for BBC One and Four, Reith it all up and then we'll have a significantly improved presentation across the BBC.

They'd better make sure Four's are 'on-line friendly' I think.......
Sh1ruba and natwel27 gave kudos
NA
natwel27
All we need is some new idents for BBC One and Four, Reith it all up and then we'll have a significantly improved presentation across the BBC.

Either put it online or rename it and permute the programming on there to fit the revised criteria.

Maybe change it back to BBC Knowledge or something?
SH
Sh1ruba
Or just rename it with a numeral "4" instead.
They could have a stylised 4 logo to go with it
JA
JAS84

Either put it online or rename it and permute the programming on there to fit the revised criteria.

That name would fit documentaries, but not foreign drama or the music shows they often air.
DM
DeMarkay
JAS84 posted:

That name would fit documentaries, but not foreign drama or the music shows they often air.

BBC Choice?
CY
cylon6
Josh posted:
Some images of upcoming idents from the same talk:

Definitely some upcoming or development process for existing idents?
SP
Spencer
Josh posted:
Some images of upcoming idents from the same talk:

Definitely some upcoming or development process for existing idents?

Looks like mostly mood board type images and early ideas than anything upcoming.

Interesting to see This Time With Alan Partridge used as an example of BBC Two’s programming. Wink
NA
natwel27
JAS84 posted:

BBC Choice?

Yeah. BBC Choice and Knowldge should make a comeback. Either that or put the un-educational programming on BBC Two or something.
NA
natwel27
Do you think that Maverick might debut on Monday? Maybe either before 'Top Gear' or 'The Family Brain Games'?
LY
Lynetwork
Do you think that Maverick might debut on Monday? Maybe either before 'Top Gear' or 'The Family Brain Games'?

I would guess Top Gear as a debut considering it's been featured on the promo.
CY
cylon6
WHAT!?! This is getting ridiculous! We're looking out for Maverick and ANOTHER new one appeared on BBC2 at 10pm just before When Andy Won Wimbledon!! And it's really good!

SH
Sh1ruba
WHAT!?! This is getting ridiculous! We're looking out for Maverick and ANOTHER new one appeared on BBC2 at 10pm just before When Andy Won Wimbledon!! And it's really good!

Ooooh, very avant garde

Looks good for sports programming as well

Newer posts