TV Home Forum

Channel 4 headquarters in Leeds

Split from Channel 4 (October 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GL
globaltraffic24
Not as far away as Horseferry Road though.

True, although remember there already is a small commissioning team in Glasgow. This is an expansion in Scotland for C4 rather than a new arrival.

111 days later

DV
DVB Cornwall
So the cost of this mounts .....

PF
PFML84
So they are opening up new offices in Wales and Scotland... are they opening offices in NI?
JO
Jon
So they are opening up new offices in Wales and Scotland... are they opening offices in NI?

Unless the boundaries of Wales have been moved to cover Bristol, there isn’t going to be one in Wales and they are not opening one in Northern Ireland.
BL
bluecortina
So the cost of this mounts .....

Are they moving out of Horseferry Road in conjunction with this?
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Believe it's in addition
IS
Inspector Sands

Are they moving out of Horseferry Road in conjunction with this?

They haven't said anything about doing so. I'd have thought that if there is any spare room they'll either rent it out, or I think their music channels are based elsewhere so ideal for moving in
PF
PFML84
Jon posted:

Unless the boundaries of Wales have been moved to cover Bristol, there isn’t going to be one in Wales and they are not opening one in Northern Ireland.

I was certain I had read somewhere that they were opening an office in Cardiff. I am not amazing at geography, but I at least know Bristol is not in Wales!

134 days later

KK
KolonelKlink
Steph McGovern gets the ‘made in Leeds’ daily lunchtime show that was touted earlier in the year:

MA
Markymark
Steph McGovern gets the ‘made in Leeds’ daily lunchtime show that was touted earlier in the year:

]

Made in Leeds local channel, I surprised they can afford her
AN
Andrew Founding member
I wonder if she’s leaving the BBC entirely. It’s a big jump to leave the safety of the BBC for something untried and new.

Of course the fact they are making a show in Leeds might excite the industry but it won’t be enough to get bums on seats, the content will have to be interesting and not derivative.

Newer posts