TV Home Forum

The Sport Thread

For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own (July 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RD
rdd Founding member
Seemingly the first half of Toulouse v La Rochelle was shown by Sky on the red button, which isn’t any help for those who are on non-Sky platforms of course.
JA
japitts
I can see Discovery picking up Top14 imminently. ES Player shows every second division match so an extension of that coverage would seem simple.

Well I guess it depends what Sky's strategy with rugby union is.. they've lost the Pro14 to Premier, but still have.. French Top14, Sanzar and England-internationals. While BT justifiably claims to be the home of English club rugby, Sky has some argument for being home to internationals (outwith FTA, Six Nations etc)

Top-14 does fit in with that a little.
ST
steveboswell
World feed titles for the Women's World Cup game on BBC Alba, and astons in the world feed style. No Gaelic on the FIFA graphics though, and also no scorebar on screen as of 5 minutes in.

Edit: Scorebar absent for the whole first half, but came on after half time (same style as used on BBC One, with team names in English).
Last edited by steveboswell on 9 June 2019 6:06pm
DV
DVB Cornwall
I'm sure that someone knows but what, apart from affectation, is the reason for the highly disproportionate typeface being used for the WWC 2019 by the organisers, as reflected in this graphic by the BBC?

MR
mromega
I'm sure that someone knows but what, apart from affectation, is the reason for the highly disproportionate typeface being used for the WWC 2019 by the organisers, as reflected in this graphic by the BBC?

That's a BBC graphic, agree it doesn't look good.

This is the FIFA graphic, looks much cleaner.

JO
Jon
I guess the BBC graphic is derived from a motion package that makes more sense when animated.

BBC Alba is using the same scorebar as BBC One a season of the second half. I guess the confusion came from the BBC using their own scorebar in the world feed style for their matches on linear channels, whilst they use world feed scorebar on other games.

BBC Alba is perhaps surprisingly doing pres from a box in stadium, using the official graphics for their bits.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Amazon Prime Sport continues to gear up. In under 8 weeks they'll get access to a mountain of Premier League content. They've opened a Twitter account now

BA
bilky asko

That's a BBC graphic, agree it doesn't look good.

This is the FIFA graphic, looks much cleaner.

If by cleaner you mean littered with all sorts of PowerPoint style animations, then I suppose it is.
JO
Josh

Well done to England for getting a gOAL
WO
Worzel
Josh posted:

Well done to England for getting a gOAL

What, no Reith? Laughing
FA
fanoftv

It reminds me of the old Byker Grove logo
TM
TMD_24
I can't remember if this was posted here at the time but the BBC is going to bring in a new studio for it's football coverage from the start of the 2019/20 season.

https://twitter.com/mrdanwalker/status/1130038344086425600?s=09

Newer posts