TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain

From Television Centre (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AA
Aaron_2015
Didn't the previous interviews get a late night slot rather than prime time?

IIRC the first interview went out at 9pm, and the two since have had post-news slots. With all of the press coverage surrounding the state visit this interview might do better than the previous few.

Skipped through today’s show, the interview itself was quite good but they got far too carried away in my opinion. The countdown graphic, the 10 second TOTH countdown at 7 and labelling every topic as breaking news was a little ridiculous I feel.

The newsreader role always seems a bit pointless whenever they have a ‘special edition’. Maybe they should have sent Charlotte to Portsmouth instead of having a newsreader, I don’t think Charlotte even spoke once!
RE
Reece24
Didn't the previous interviews get a late night slot rather than prime time?

IIRC the first interview went out at 9pm, and the two since have had post-news slots. With all of the press coverage surrounding the state visit this interview might do better than the previous few.

Skipped through today’s show, the interview itself was quite good but they got far too carried away in my opinion. The countdown graphic, the 10 second TOTH countdown at 7 and labelling every topic as breaking news was a little ridiculous I feel.

The newsreader role always seems a bit pointless whenever they have a ‘special edition’. Maybe they should have sent Charlotte to Portsmouth instead of having a newsreader, I don’t think Charlotte even spoke once!

Charlotte had the one crucial line (only one from memory): "#GMBTrump is trending number one of Twitter worldwide!"
VM
VMPhil
Strange seeing Good Morning Britain graphics on a US show:

BR
Brekkie
Piers even more unbearable around Trump. Interview is getting an 8.30pm airing tonight, though I think similarly to the past the news agenda moves on so fast nowadays it seems rather out of date already.
CU
Custard56
Piers Morgan tweeted earlier that Good Morning Britain got 24.1% viewing share yesterday for the Trump interview - "fourth highest share ever". He didn't refer to the actual rating, though.

Presumably the very moving BBC Breakfast D-Day special from Portsmouth was second place then?
Last edited by Custard56 on 6 June 2019 7:22pm
BR
Brekkie
I wouldn't have thought so - Piers would definately have mentioned it, and I'm sure Breakfast gets close to 40%.

I think they really misjudged the mood of the nation by focusing on Trump rather than the D-Day activities. The trouble is the story isn't even the Trump interview, it's Piers interviewing Trump. The first time it was quite a coup, but now it's the third time he's got the UK exclusive it just highlights everything that is wrong with Trump. Piers only gets the interview because Trump is too much of a chloronated chicken to face a real interrogation.
London Lite, Rkolsen and Custard56 gave kudos
AA
Aaron_2015
A poor 1.76m for the Trump interview, with a 10% share. The repeat of The Cruise would probably have rated better.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Trump's interview was up against a strong EastEnders episode for once.
NG
noggin Founding member
Piers Morgan tweeted earlier that Good Morning Britain got 24.1% viewing share yesterday for the Trump interview - "fourth highest share ever". He didn't refer to the actual rating, though.

Presumably the very moving BBC Breakfast D-Day special from Portsmouth was second place then?

Ha ha ha ha !

If GMB beat Breakfast that would have made huge broadcast headlines across the industry.

On Wednesday Breakfast got 1.4m/40.2% share, GMB got 0.8m/24.1% share.

Piers is trumpeting GMB's 'highest ever shares' - but never putting them in the context that they are still a long way behind Breakfast's... (Well - it leaves Dan Walker something to do I guess)
WH
Whataday Founding member
A poor 1.76m for the Trump interview, with a 10% share. The repeat of The Cruise would probably have rated better.

But surely the cheapest half hour of the night.
BR
Brekkie

Probably, but wouldn't be surprised if Trump insists on being paid for interviews.
RK
Rkolsen

Probably, but wouldn't be surprised if Trump insists on being paid for interviews.

I think that’s one thing the media even Fox would push back at (especially given the frequency). If that got out I think it would cause quite a row.

Newer posts