The Newsroom

BBC News Scotland | News at Nine

Full Team and Line Up announced (February 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JF
JF World News
I think World News Today would be better in the OS slot in the pre-100 Days format
AlexS posted:
World News Today would be better in a graveyard, it is even more outdated than the generic world bulletins and they could do with a rebrand really.

When it was at its peak in 2012-13 it was an hour of news, business, in-depth interviews, arts and sport. More Newsnight than it is now, I hope one day that returns. It had great coverage of the Arab Spring and African, European News

11 days later

WO
Woodpecker
Sorry, I know I'm incredibly late to the party here but the opening titles to the Nine are just awful, absolutely dreadful. I completely get what they were trying to achieve but boy it doesn't work.

First time I saw them my reaction was genuinely laughter, which I’m not sure was the intention.

Even later to the party but agreed 100%. To me it comes across as rather pretentious and more than a little patronising - "Ooh, look at us, our news is for the people!" I think it might work much better if they used pictures of the day's news instead (or even, perhaps, if they're that insistent on showing random people's faces, to intercut pictures of the news inbetween the faces).
NB
NicB1971
Good simple use of graphics with the new in-house fonts but lousy titles that are far too long, make no sense and seem more for a Channel Five "documentary" or Newsround.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Sunset ....

fanoftv, watchingtv and WW Update gave kudos

16 days later

BB
BruceBBC
Tonight's nine will begin slightly differently, and full titles will not be played. Martin is live in Normandy.
BR
Brekkie
Tonight is a night when still pictures summing up the events of the day could actually be really effective.
HA
harshy Founding member
Tonight's nine will begin slightly differently, and full titles will not be played. Martin is live in Normandy.

Those titles need to go it’s just weird.
CI
cityprod

Those titles need to go it’s just weird.

How about instead of people, various images of locations across Scotland? I think that might be better.
IS
Inspector Sands

How about instead of people, various images of locations across Scotland? I think that might be better.

That's very dull and generic.

I don't see the problem with the montage of faces, it might look a bit odd because it's original. But it is arguably more representative of what news is about, or at least presumably what the editorial direction of their news bulletin is.... human interest.
NG
noggin Founding member

That's very dull and generic.

I don't see the problem with the montage of faces, it might look a bit odd because it's original. But it is arguably more representative of what news is about, or at least presumably what the editorial direction of their news bulletin is.... human interest.

I think NRK's titles do a nice job with 'real people and places' - a bit clichéd perhaps - but nice to see something that isn't maps, globes, streams of 'information' etc.

https://tv.nrk.no/serie/dagsrevyen is a good example (Plus I love their music by Röyksopp)
JO
Josh
Did anyone manage to capture how The Nine on Thursday was played out?
UK
UKNewsHound
Josh posted:
Did anyone manage to capture how The Nine on Thursday was played out?

Newer posts