-2 Newsroom editions (9am& 10am)
-World Sport lunchtime bulletin
-CNN Talk
-Amanpour
-Hala's show

And the 15 minute World Sport Editions at 1345 & 1545 UK also come from London

I've not seen the second paragraph of the below being reported elsewhere
Quote:
CNN executives told staff in a town-hall meeting Tuesday at the news network’s London headquarters that a consolidation will bring most CNN International’s live production to Atlanta, resulting in UK staff being reassigned Stateside.

A source told Deadline that three half-hour London-based shows and 13 staff positions in the English capital will be impacted by the changes, with those jobs being “reassigned.” One of the half-hours will be replaced with another London-based show within the next few months, the source indicated.

https://deadline.com/2019/05/cnn-international-consolidation-jobs-staff-town-hall-jeff-zucker-1202623230/
GI
ginnyfan
The slaughter continues, Hong Kong is pretty much gone, News Stream canceled. They might as well close the channel and just air the terrible CNN US all over the world.

https://cnncommentary.com/2019/06/03/cnn-cancels-news-stream-in-a-pivot-away-from-asia/
CH
Charles
The slaughter continues, Hong Kong is pretty much gone, News Stream canceled. They might as well close the channel and just air the terrible CNN US all over the world.

https://cnncommentary.com/2019/06/03/cnn-cancels-news-stream-in-a-pivot-away-from-asia/

A shame! It didn't take long after Tony Maddox left for Jeff Zucker to start gutting CNNI.
ST
stuartfanning
Not sure it's Zucker behing the scale back at CNNI. When AT&T look at it they probably think why are we doing this. So anything that is salvaged will be good. However moving things to Atlanta makes little sense as CNN Center can't have any long term future.
CH
Charles
Not sure it's Zucker behing the scale back at CNNI. When AT&T look at it they probably think why are we doing this. So anything that is salvaged will be good. However moving things to Atlanta makes little sense as CNN Center can't have any long term future.

A little bit of both probably at play. I don't think it's a coincidence that AT&T takes over, Tony Maddox retires, and then the ax swings the week after.

As far as consolidating everything to New York, that was a plan rumored years ago, and while a lot has moved up there, I can't help but think that CNN will never leave Atlanta altogether. Especially if the entire company is very cost sensitive right now, then Atlanta is a good, cheap place to conduct business. They already have a ton of established infrastructure and resources there, and worker compensation is lower than in New York. Most of CNNI, digital, and a lot of other core departments have never left Atlanta even if all of the weekday Domestic live programming left.

22 days later

EX
excel99
Revised schedule from next week:
8amUK CNN Newsroom cut from an hour to half an hour. Taped shows at 8.30amUK
9amUK Early Start simulcast for an hour
10amUK CNN Special Report (Mon)/Amanpour rpt (Tue Onwards)
11amUK New Day simulcast for two hours
1pmUK CNN Newsroom with Max Foster (that's how it's titled on the cnn.com schedule)
1.30pmUK World Sport

I'd assume the 1pmUK hour will be from London. If so that's a cut of 60 mins of news from London (30 mins on Mon) and 15 mins of World Sport. Plus cutting the only 45 mins of news from Hong Kong, and 30 mins less from Atlanta (8.30-9amUK)
Last edited by excel99 on 27 June 2019 7:44pm
BF
BFGArmy
4 and a half hours without an international news bulletin - on a weekday. Airing a show called Early Start when it's afternoon or evening in much of Asia. Not great is it.

Some happier CNNI news....
https://cnncommentary.com/2019/06/26/after-struggles-cnn-anchor-hannah-vaughan-jones-is-pregnant/
GI
ginnyfan
This is tragic. You gotta wonder what happens with Kristie Lu Stout now? She's without a show and a daily slot for the first time in 15 years. She's one of CNNI's best. It's sad....
JamesWorldNews, Justin and Charles gave kudos
LL
London Lite Founding member
I wondered why Iain Dale made an emotional statement at the end of his final CNN Talk on Wednesday.
JW
JamesWorldNews
This is tragic. You gotta wonder what happens with Kristie Lu Stout now? She's without a show and a daily slot for the first time in 15 years. She's one of CNNI's best. It's sad....

Poignant shot of Hong Kong Harbour as Kristie signed off for the last time a short while ago.......
WW
WW Update
I'm old enough to remember CNN International's first newscasts from Hong Kong in the mid-1990s:

itsrobert and Charles gave kudos
JW
JamesWorldNews
I'm old enough to remember CNN International's first newscasts from Hong Kong in the mid-1990s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpTXcui-qMw

Blimey! You’re even older than me!!!!!!

IMO, *THAT* was the golden era of CNN, up until circa 2000.
Mouseboy33 and WW Update gave kudos

Newer posts