« Topics
dosxuk4,204 posts since 22 Oct 2005
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Unless is been mentioned, I think they changed the YouTube stream last night. During the pre-show and first half the DOG clearly said 4K UHD and during the second half it was from the BT Sport 2 HD stream.

There were all sorts of compression issues with the YouTube stream last night when it was being sourced from the UHD feed. Not, I hasten to add, because BT were filming in 25fps and streaming at 30fps and didn't know what they were doing, as one prominent YouTuber was quick to tell everyone was the cause.
bilky asko gave kudos
madmusician887 posts since 2 Jun 2006
Central (West) Midlands Today
Must be a record - I think last years final hit about 2.8m, and Sky’s biggest games get in the mid to high 2m. Obviously making the channel free to view on some platforms will have helped but that is a huge audience for any channel outside of the old ‘terrestrial’ networks whether pay, FTV or FTA. That’s before you allow for the YouTube and BT Sport app streams.

I think Virgin Media may have been the only broadcast platform that had the match outside of the normal BT paywall - or am I misunderstanding some colleagues posts on social mediat? I don't think it was available FTV or FTA on Sky (don't know about BT's platform)

That's correct. It was FTV on Virgin but not on either Sky or BT TV. BT elected not to make their channels FTV, instead promoting online streams for free viewing of the final. Virgin's wholesale agreement with BT meant that they themselves could elect to make the relevant channel FTV for Virgin customers.
thegeek4,967 posts since 1 Jan 2002
London London
Not, I hasten to add, because BT were filming in 25fps and streaming at 30fps and didn't know what they were doing, as one prominent YouTuber was quick to tell everyone was the cause.

To be fair, said YouTuber did take down his tweet fairly quickly when he realised what he said wasn't accurate - though not before it had been picked up by the Indy for a breathless clickbait article.
UKnews gave kudos
dosxuk4,204 posts since 22 Oct 2005
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Not, I hasten to add, because BT were filming in 25fps and streaming at 30fps and didn't know what they were doing, as one prominent YouTuber was quick to tell everyone was the cause.

To be fair, said YouTuber did take down his tweet fairly quickly when he realised what he said wasn't accurate - though not before it had been picked up by the Indy for a breathless clickbait article.

It was the bit about any novice YouTube streamer being able to spot the problem but BT couldn't that got me.
bilky asko gave kudos