TV Home Forum

Classic Emmerdale

(January 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SC
Si-Co
I'd have thought people watching regularly would series link anyway.

That's what I do. Funnily enough it does mean on the days I'm watching live, I see the adverts during EastEnders on Drama, but not on the Corrie & Emmerdale repeats due to the clash and having to watch them on recordings.

I “series link” them too, and whizz through the ads and (usually) the opening and closing titles otherwise they would take even longer to watch! I had a stack of The Bills too but deleted them - I lost interest when they skipped ten years, and the series became less episodic and more serialised so you couldn’t dip in and out of it and still fully appreciate one episode as a self-contained drama.
JA
james-2001
I've still not forgiven them for the 10 year Bill time skip, especially after all the promotion and effort they put into it, to pull the plug after barely any time at all. Especially as they skipped over the show's peak years.
JA
james-2001
Looks like Virgin Media have finally corrected the broadcast dates on classic Corrie and Emmerdale today. Also seems to be listing Emmerdale episodes as a "series" from today too, with today's episodes (5th & 10th September 1991) listed as Series 19 episodes 9 and 10. Going by that, the episode they're considering the start of series 19 seems to be the 6th August episode, how they've worked that out as the start of a "series", I don't know, though it seems the last episode before the final "summer break" was 6th August 1985, so maybe that's how they're counting the series start points (though I'd more have expected them to be counting it from when they returned, which was the 3rd September 1985).
Last edited by james-2001 on 3 June 2019 9:53pm - 2 times in total
RO
robrymond
It appears the two episodes from Monday reverted back to the 40 second close. Not sure why this would have been.
BS
Ben Shatliff
Looks like Virgin Media have finally corrected the broadcast dates on classic Corrie and Emmerdale today. Also seems to be listing Emmerdale episodes as a "series" from today too, with today's episodes (5th & 10th September 1991) listed as Series 19 episodes 9 and 10. Going by that, the episode they're considering the start of series 19 seems to be the 6th August episode, how they've worked that out as the start of a "series", I don't know, though it seems the last episode before the final "summer break" was 6th August 1985, so maybe that's how they're counting the series start points (though I'd more have expected them to be counting it from when they returned, which was the 3rd September 1985).

That fits with my earlier post about new hairstyles etc.

14 days later

JA
james-2001
I'm still a week or so behind, and I've just seen the episode with Henry Wilks' funeral, and they showed a few clips from old episodes, and interestingly they showed a clip from the first Emmerdale Farm episode, only it had clearly come from a VHS tape, and a very noisy and creased one at that. Weren't they able to make a transfer from a broadcast quality copy at the time?

Still making me wish ITV3 had shown at least SOME of the Emmerdale Farm era, even if they didn't want to start right back at 1972. At the very least they could have showed the last 18 months or so that Sky Soap never got round to.
Last edited by james-2001 on 19 June 2019 12:05am

8 days later

BS
Ben Shatliff
Up to 1992 episodes now. Closing credits updated with cast in order of appearance and faster paced credits.
JA
james-2001
That will be down to the new producer who took over on the last show of 1991.
BS
Ben Shatliff
That will be down to the new producer who took over on the last show of 1991.

And it was that last show where the changes happened. Morag Bain.

Then new titles and music from late 1992.
BH
BillyH Founding member
Are we almost level with the Coronation Street repeats? As I noticed the other day they're also on 1992 episodes.
JA
james-2001
Still quite a distance behind. Emmerdale only began 1992 yesterday. Corrie is into late October.
BS
Ben Shatliff
We will see if we can catch up. Depends on number of episodes each year.

Newer posts