The Newsroom

Tyne Tees & Border/Look North (NE & Cumbria)

Amy Lea succeeds Pam Royle at TT&B (December 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MW
Mike W
On the last vid there - 10 years today since the biggest ITV upheaval of merging TT & B started.

Surely the biggest upheaval was the creation of ITV plc.
I doubt many outside of the region would have seen or noticed the TT/B merger as neither produced network content by that time.

12 days later

MI
michaelb
Has anyone seen Pam recently? Everytime I tune in it's either Helen Ford or Rachel Bullock alongside Ian
LL
London Lite Founding member
Has anyone seen Pam recently? Everytime I tune in it's either Helen Ford or Rachel Bullock alongside Ian

Amy Lea is covering as well.
MI
michaelb
Pam was back last night

10 days later

MI
michaelb
Dawn Thewlis presenting the main look north tonight with Nisha on sport.
DE
deejay
Just thought it might be interesting to share this tweet with some great behind the scenes shots at BBC Newcastle

SP
Steve in Pudsey
A nice big studio with a decent height lighting grid is a pretty retro idea in BBC regional news!
NI
nigel
Makes the breakfast/NWT studio look like a shoe box.. surly it’s time the Beeb put some money into a bigger studio for their flagship breakfast show?
It’s getting stale beyond belief.
WO
Worzel
A nice big studio with a decent height lighting grid is a pretty retro idea in BBC regional news!

Just thought it might be interesting to share this tweet with some great behind the scenes shots at BBC Newcastle

I like how camera 2 in the picture has the old BBC '2' logo stuck on it!

22 days later

MI
michaelb
Was there problems on yesterday's 18:30 Look North? Only reason why is because it does not show on iplayer and on the schedule London News was in it's place.

46 days later

IS
Inspector Sands
Former Border TV presenter, and later radio presenter and executive John Myers has died suddenly.

https://radiotoday.co.uk/2019/06/radio-executive-john-myers-has-died-aged-60/
SP
Spencer
Former Border TV presenter, and later radio presenter and executive John Myers has died suddenly.

https://radiotoday.co.uk/2019/06/radio-executive-john-myers-has-died-aged-60/

Very sad news. He was a real giant of the radio industry with a huge passion for the medium.

I’d thoroughly recommend reading his book, and also the Trouble At The Top documentary, ‘Degsy Rides Again’ (available on YouTube) about his launching Century North West.

Newer posts