TV Home Forum

The Big Breakfast

Where life used to start at 7. (January 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DO
dosxuk
Surely if C4 are going to drag a programme back out for a quick brexit-related run, it should be Eurotrash they opt for!
Lou Scannon and Brekkie gave kudos
RD
RDJ
Surely if C4 are going to drag a programme back out for a quick brexit-related run, it should be Eurotrash they opt for!

They did that the night before the referendum, presumably to promote anglo-french relations. And look what happened....

43 days later

JB
JasonB
Someone's taken the time to translate this clip!

33 days later

BR
Brekkie
This makes me wish Liza and Denise's paths had crossed on screen 20 years ago. I think Liza stood in for Denise but doubt they'd have ever hosted together.

JB
JasonB
Three Big Breakfast hosts in that. Danny Baker, Denise Van Outen and Liza Tarbuck. I wonder how that would have looked in the mornings?

47 days later

JB
JasonB
The Big Breakfast credits in the style of The Sims. Nice editing of an in game soundtrack to make it sound like the theme tune too!

13 days later

MA
mannewskev
This clip's from Richard Orford's first week/fortnight in 1995. They moved Zig and Zag back into the bathroom temporarily, but I can't remember why.
JB
JasonB
Why did they move out of the bathroom? Was it explained on screen or did they just come from the box room one day?
MA
mannewskev
They talked it up beforehand. I think it was to give the puppeteers more room as the bathroom was cramped.
BR
Brekkie
Anyone have the upstairs plan from before the 1996 revamp. IIRC the bathroom was above the kitchen with the landing next to it used for competitions.

93 days later

JB
JasonB
23 years ago to the day we woke up to a new look Big Breakfast:
JC
JCB
23 years ago to the day we woke up to a new look Big Breakfast:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx5mMxEusws

It was a diaster but, as someone who likes change for change sake, it was exciting to watch. I always loved getting up to watch the first episode after the summer holidays to see if the living room had been redecorated. From 96 onwards it changed, almost, every September IIRC.

Newer posts