TV Home Forum

This Morning

Social distance no more thanks to clever tech. (p184) - 16/04/18 onwards (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WH
Whataday Founding member
I've just noticed that the new look menu has whooshing sound effects.

15 days later

RD
RDJ
Rochelle and Anton DuBeke were paired up today.

Not the strongest combo. Even Rochelle struggled with the chemistry at times.
JO
Jonwo
RDJ posted:
Rochelle and Anton DuBeke were paired up today.

Not the strongest combo. Even Rochelle struggled with the chemistry at times.

I think Anton would have been fine if he'd been paired with Ruth.

Also, do they not have any other female presenters to cover other than Rochelle? I like her but it seems she is the go to female presenter when Holly or Ruth are absent. It'd be great if they tried out other female presenters
Last edited by Jonwo on 1 June 2019 2:22am
MR
mr_vivian
Rochelle works better with Phil. She's a bit of a dose if she's on it too much.

Ruth and Anton would work for sure.
BR
Brekkie
Anton has proven time and time again he's no natural presenter.
Lou Scannon and Jonwo gave kudos
MR
mr_vivian
Not sure if anyone brought this up last year but apparently Amanda Holden was supposed to stand in for Holly last year and Phil refused to host with her.

Hence why Rochelle was brought in....

I did wonder why Amanda hasn't been on.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Yes, the story goes that ITV offered her the role and withdrew it at the last moment at Phillip's request. Shortly after, Amanda appeared on the show as a guest and confronted Phillip during the ad break. He was stunned at being confronted and didn't really respond before Amanda was whisked away, but not before making it clear she felt terribly let down.

During a game on Heart Breakfast this morning she was asked for three things she would not want to find in her house. She replied: "Spiders, flies and Phillip Schofield"
JO
Jonwo
Not sure if anyone brought this up last year but apparently Amanda Holden was supposed to stand in for Holly last year and Phil refused to host with her.

Hence why Rochelle was brought in....

I did wonder why Amanda hasn't been on.

Her last appearance on This Morning was last October IIRC. It's a bit odd that Phil would veto Amanda in favour of Rochelle considering she stood in when Holly went on maternity leave.
BR
Brekkie
Looks like the Sunday show is gone and Weekend Kitchen extended to 2 hours.
KE
kernow
Looks like the Sunday show is gone and Weekend Kitchen extended to 2 hours.

Not much of a surprise really, and probably due to poor ratings.

Previous weekend editions haven't latest long either.
BR
Brekkie
Considering its cookery and chat on two channels (now three) and lying politicians on another you'd think it would have a captive audience.
MR
mr_vivian
This Morning on Sunday was only supposed to last 10 weeks - I think it was on longer than that.
DeMarkay and itsniks gave kudos

Newer posts