TV Home Forum

UTV - From City Quays 2 onwards

Split from UTV rebrand (July 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ST
South Today
Fingers crossed its a night with Julian.
TT
ttt

Just wondered if anyone at UTV has bothered to reply to your query??

Maybe an email to our Julian might be whats needed to prompt some action??

Hi, I did get a reply, but it was the usual civil service speak. They told me the channel is happy with the ident package they currently have, and since these idents were only introduced in October 2016, they decided to hand pick a selected few and use them on UTV.

They may be happy with the ident package, and fair enough they have only been on air in NI for around 2.5 years so still got a bit more life in them before they become stale, and yes to an extent I'm happy with them....but why for the love of God do they have to play them out in the same order loop day in day out...that's the main annoyance for me. Why not just play them in a random order?....surely that's not too much hard work for leeds/London playout, few clicks of the mouse. 20 seconds...job done.

Let's face it, the chances of a press department criticising their own output is zero, regardless of what they think internally -- especially when there is no actual fault on display.

ITV's handling of UTV is professional, even if it might be boring.
LS
Lou Scannon
JAS84 posted:
The return of IVC for 1 night probably
They could use retro idents?

Like the "lollipop stick" ident that was originally used for about 94 years? Ugh. I would pay good money to ensure that monstrosity never sullied the airwaves ever again.

Fingers crossed its a night with Julian.

Tried looking for him on Grindr?! Wink
BBI45, Ittr and South Today gave kudos
MM
MMcG198
ttt posted:
Let's face it, the chances of a press department criticising their own output is zero, regardless of what they think internally -- especially when there is no actual fault on display.

ITV's handling of UTV is professional, even if it might be boring.

That sums up things nicely. I can't fault ITV's playout operation. The channel's presentation looks way better than it did under UTV ownership. The idents are perhaps irritating because they are so uninspired. ITV were right to produce a large number of them and mix them up a bit - it distracted a little from their general dullness. The fact that they're live-action, with soundtracks that can become quite irritating when played often doesn't help.
MR
mr_vivian
After Corrie we got an itv continuity announcer at the credits but then Gillian picked it up again at the ident
TI
This Is Granada
Anyone know how UTV handled Monday morning at 9:25am?
A Jeremy Kyle announcement would have been pre-recorded by Gillian several days earlier....and as we know would not have been played out as planned? So how did they announce a last minute change to the schedule, anyone see what happened?
MM
MMcG198
Anyone know how UTV handled Monday morning at 9:25am?
A Jeremy Kyle announcement would have been pre-recorded by Gillian several days earlier....and as we know would not have been played out as planned? So how did they announce a last minute change to the schedule, anyone see what happened?

I've been reliably informed that there was a generic, pre-recorded announcement from Gillian, that made no reference to the Kyle programme.
JA
JAS84
They could've used the 3pm announcement couldn't they, since that timeslot is also Real Deal?
KE
kernow
JAS84 posted:
They could've used the 3pm announcement couldn't they, since that timeslot is also Real Deal?

Depends on what the 3pm announcement actually said.

If, for example, it said something like "Coming up in an hour, it's Tipping Point, but now it's Dickinson's Real Deal", they wouldn't have been able to use it.

17 days later

UM
UlsterMan123
Just watching Lorraine on UTV with an itv dog on screen mmmmm seems to me as it is happening more and more itv are filtering the generic itv name into Northern Ireland won't be long now before utv is gone completely.
TV
TVDP
Always the ITV dog during ITV Breakfast isn't ? UTV starts at 9.25.
UM
UlsterMan123
Not since the takeover utv logo is used 247 since the buy out

Newer posts