The Newsroom

BBC News Channel Presentation - 21/03/16 onwards

Split from BBC News Channel General Discussion (March 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Jon
Seriously why do much speculation over a font? What boring conversation

Are you aware of the remit of this forum?
MO
Moz

It’s a typeface.
Ittr and Lou Scannon gave kudos
AF
Affi_85
Are you aware it’s sad and a bit boring? This forum should be used to discuss current presentations and opinion not have pages of dribble guessing when a new font/ type face is going to be used.

Jon posted:

CI
cityprod
Are you aware it’s sad and a bit boring? This forum should be used to discuss current presentations and opinion not have pages of dribble guessing when a new font/ type face is going to be used.

The irony in this comment is massive. One fan of a hobby regarded as sad and a bit boring, accusing other fans of that self same hobby, of doing something sad, and a bit boring.

Fonts are a minor detail in presentation terms, but it's still part and parcel of the presentation, especially on something like a news channel.

If you're not interested in it, fine, you don't have to read it.
NA
natwel27

Jon posted:

In a short amount of time, this typeface is going to represent the BBC. It is one of the biggest changes to the BBC's presentation in a long while. Of course we are going to speculate.
MO
Moz
Two more sleeps.
HB
HarryB
Moz posted:
Two more sleeps.

Wouldn't get your hopes up...
Lou Scannon, Custard56 and Ittr gave kudos
AF
Affi_85
Maybe want to get a more fulfilling hobbie mate

Jon posted:

In a short amount of time, this typeface is going to represent the BBC. It is one of the biggest changes to the BBC's presentation in a long while. Of course we are going to speculate.
JO
Jon
Maybe want to get a more fulfilling hobbie mate

Maybe they do. But they are in the right place for their current hobby.

I really can't see how you can castigate people for participating in one of the most quintessentially TV Forum topics ever. I suspect it may be you who's in the wrong place, not those you are talking too.
JR
JRY
I take it we're not seeing the launch of Reith tomorrow?
MO
Moz
JRY posted:

Why do you take that?
JR
JRY
Moz posted:
JRY posted:

Why do you take that?

Thought there would be a bit more talk of it on here... I guess we shall see, Moz!

Newer posts