Media Websites

Big TV

3 online channels (November 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FO
FanOfTV99
I have also notice that he has a new channel now which is one of those channels on late at night.
JB
JasonB
I have also notice that he has a new channel now which is one of those channels on late at night.

One of those bird of a sofa channels?
FO
FanOfTV99

I think so. He has called it Big and Late
TV
TVVT

I think so. He has called it Big and Late

It seems to timeshare with Big Films 2

29 days later

SB
Sound_Bites

Ooh, Matron!

12 days later

BK
bkman1990
I hope he's not gaining any money from people watching his website.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member

Very very doubtful. Looking at the source code there is no reference to any ad servers whatsoever aside from Google Analytics which is just to monitor how you behave on the site, what you load, how you move around, your basic specs (screen size, browser, etc), that sort of stuff. While I presume that can be tied into Google Ads you would really need some other code to show them, and that is not present in the source code, so its probably safe to assume it makes sweet sod all and is just somebody who thinks they're going to be the next controller of BBC One.

Anyway now that Firefox doesn't autoplay YouTube videos in its default state it becomes incredibly obvious if it wasn't already that the "channels" are just playing content from elsewhere on YouTube in a custom wrapper with a new DOG on it. When you start "streaming" a "channel" you can sometimes glimpse the source channel's logo before the wrapper covers it up.
SB
Sound_Bites

or she - just to be pedantic.

19 days later

SB
Sound_Bites
Copying off the Radio Times.
NJ
Why is this venture still running?
LL
London Lite Founding member
Why is this venture still running?

I'm not sure you can call it a venture, when it appears to be a fantasy.
NJ
It's obviously a long running fantasy then, as "they" are launching a new scraper channel at the end of the month.

In fact it looks like a Digital Spy poster stuck the URL all over Digital Spy Forums last year and is most likely to be behind this. Which might explain the delusion.

Newer posts