Media Websites

Digital Spy

to be downsized ... (November 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NR
NthnRw
The Guardian has been doing the same thing for the last few days. Have the websites been compromised or our devices?
DO
dosxuk
Google ads seem to be the issue - loads of it about at the moment
JA
james-2001
I doubt it would be the devices of so many people, probably a dodgy infected ad. Especially as it isn't happening on the numerous other websites I visit.

23 days later

JA
james-2001
Another DS problem, is this affecting anyone else? Every time I load a page, a big box text blox with a blurb about accepting cookies keeps appearing, and when I press accept it makes the page reload and it pops up again... and again... etc. It's made the forums literally unusuable. I've tried turning off the blocking of third party cookies in the browser, rebooted the browser and rebooted the computer to see if it fixed the problem, but it hasn't.

Edit: Withdrawing consent for advertising cookies (after a lot of faffing and having to stop pages loading before the box popped up) seemed to fix it.
Last edited by james-2001 on 19 June 2019 5:07pm - 2 times in total

41 days later

DV
DVDfever
I've stopped using it. They let the trolls run riot on that forum and I told them just to delete my account. They haven't done that and they don't bother listening.
PE
Pete Founding member
I've stopped using it. They let the trolls run riot on that forum and I told them just to delete my account. They haven't done that and they don't bother listening.

NJ
Neil Jones Founding member

Never mind.
(you resurrected a six week old thread to tell us you're not going over there anymore?)

14 days later

DM
DeMarkay
The guys over on DS are absolutely ruthless when it comes to criticism of Channel 4 announcers.
JB
JasonB
Is that the same DVD Fever who started the infamous 'Best Boobs on TV' thread?
LL
London Lite Founding member
Is that the same DVD Fever who started the infamous 'Best Boobs on TV' thread?

Indeed.

108 days later

BK
bkman1990
Digital Spy sent me a notice on it's sign-in page that I had to reset my password as I logged into the site this evening.

Is there any reason why this happened? TIA.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Digital Spy sent me a notice on it's sign-in page that I had to reset my password as I logged into the site this evening.

Is there any reason why this happened? TIA.

We've been discussing this on Metropol. I had the same issue and couldn't even reset my password for days.

Newer posts