« Topics
Ne1L C1,063 posts since 11 Sep 2011
Yeah, the main part was done in the early hours (amazed how quickly Yorkshire and Humber were packing tables away) so its simply a case now of tidying it all up (no disrespect to NI or Scotland).
News96789 posts since 20 Dec 2013
Look North (Yorkshire)
Looks like the listings messed this one up then as they thought Huw and Reeta etc we're back on air at 9:00 (and they still maybe later on) but didn't take into account the fact that the News Channel (as they did with the Locals) are doing their own analysis programme with Ben Brown in E and Joanna Gosling in Westminster.
UKnews836 posts since 26 Apr 2011
I'm soo puzzled on which studio gallery is the WN election coverage coming out from... I assume it may be coming out of a temporary gallery built near Brussels, given the fact that the graphics are all "weird" (e.g The ticker strap font is enlarged, the lower thirds have weird spacing issues, the ticker strap cannot show the NC version of the ticker during simulcasts) etc... Perhaps some TV junkie here can give me a clue.

The output from Brussels had no graphics on it, those were added in NBH. I don't have the details of which gallery the BBC World programme was passing through, I think it might have been A.

Well during the Briefing, the lower thirds from the news channel and BBC World News appeared on top of those graphics, almost like the election graphics are coming as part of the feed back from Brussels.

Not quite sure what way I can put this other than what I’ve already said - there were (and are) no graphics on any live feed from Brussels- whether that’s the overnight World special, the Hemicycle stand up, Briefing or anything else that has or will be broadcast today.
harshy gave kudos
dosxuk4,204 posts since 22 Oct 2005
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
I'm soo puzzled on which studio gallery is the WN election coverage coming out from... I assume it may be coming out of a temporary gallery built near Brussels, given the fact that the graphics are all "weird" (e.g The ticker strap font is enlarged, the lower thirds have weird spacing issues, the ticker strap cannot show the NC version of the ticker during simulcasts) etc... Perhaps some TV junkie here can give me a clue.

The output from Brussels had no graphics on it, those were added in NBH. I don't have the details of which gallery the BBC World programme was passing through, I think it might have been A.

Well during the Briefing, the lower thirds from the news channel and BBC World News appeared on top of those graphics, almost like the election graphics are coming as part of the feed back from Brussels.

Remember the NC/World graphics are normally added downstream of the studio, hence different programmes can have different graphics even when coming from the same gallery (there have been several photos over the years showing the routing screens for the various Viz engines for this).

I'm also under the impression the graphics used for elections are a completely different template, which while it looks similar to the normal graphics, is optimised for election coverage and the data that entails. If the gallery is adding these graphics on to their output, but the "normal" routing is still in place you will end up with multiple graphics overlaying each other.
harshy gave kudos
bilky asko5,498 posts since 9 Sep 2006
Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
This was obvious on a previous election programme where the ticker was at the wrong height for a portion of the programme. It just seems like the BBC World News graphics were made from scratch - they have different requirements from the domestic coverage, and the graphics from the last time round would have been in a previous style.

EDIT: Here's what the Vote 2014 domestic graphics looked like:

harshy6,195 posts since 24 Mar 2001

Remember the NC/World graphics are normally added downstream of the studio, hence different programmes can have different graphics even when coming from the same gallery (there have been several photos over the years showing the routing screens for the various Viz engines for this).

I'm also under the impression the graphics used for elections are a completely different template, which while it looks similar to the normal graphics, is optimised for election coverage and the data that entails. If the gallery is adding these graphics on to their output, but the "normal" routing is still in place you will end up with multiple graphics overlaying each other.

But on the domestic special, the fonts and everything looked normal and it incorporated the data.
bkman19901,260 posts since 29 Jan 2012 Recently warned
UTV Newsline
Sharon Tobin is presenting this afternoon's coverage of Election 2019 on RTÉ One. She has Paul Cunningham beside her on the right of the main desk. Tommie Gorman is on RTÉ's coverage covering the NI count at Magherafelt this afternoon. There is a live count result coming in from Castlebar now for the 1 count result from Midlands-North-West European Election vote.
bkman19901,260 posts since 29 Jan 2012 Recently warned
UTV Newsline
Well. RTÉ's brief coverage this afternoon has just finished again.

The Midlands North West Constituency got former RTÉ broadcaster Mairead McGuinness re-elected for Fine Gael with 134,630 votes.
Critique3,181 posts since 9 Aug 2009
Anglia (East) Look East
Interesting to see all the BBC regions putting out a full 6:30 programme tonight - most obviously focussed on the EU election results but there were a few instances where programmes stuck to the normal formula and also got their mix of other content in, and some (looking at East Midlands Today here!) where the EU elections weren't even the top story!
623058: it just seems like your an mp3 whore