TV Home Forum

ITV 2019 idents and presentation - ITV Creates

Split from ITV presentation refresh in the New Year (January 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Jon
I’m fed up of all this trash talk as well.
natwel27 and DeMarkay gave kudos
WO
Woodpecker
Yes, come on, we really are milking it now...
natwel27 and DeMarkay gave kudos
NA
natwel27
I think it would be for the best if we bottled up the jokes now...
BR
Brekkie
I thought we had but seem nothing gets past your eyes.
DJ
DJGM
Or maybe we have only just skimmed the surface so far . . .
RU
russty_russ
The start of that video posted on page 57 where she's introducing it reminds me of the Thames skyline in the background.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Week 22: Florence Mytum

MR
mr_vivian
Looks like an ident you'd have before I'm a Celeb.

I like it but again it's static Zzzzz
JO
Josh
It's quite unique and I like it.
DM
DeMarkay
I like the ident, but I’m sick of these artists who talk pretentious nonsense about ITV and their style.

All they have to do is say their name, briefly explain their idea behind the ident, how it fits in with ITV and that’s it.

No long-winded speeches that go on and on.
DJ Dave and Hatton Cross gave kudos
SC
scottishtv Founding member
No long-winded speeches that go on and on.
She spoke for just 46 seconds, and covered all the points you mentioned..?
LS
Lou Scannon
Most/all of the various artists' Verbal Diarrhea indicates little/no familiarity with ITV and its programmes (or at least not current or recent years ones). Just broad, vague, meaningless statements about e.g. entertainment or television in general, with an "ITV" name-check shoehorned in.

I totally get that there doesn't have to be a correlation between an artist getting themself commissioned to produced some paid-for work, and whether they otherwise have any interest in whatever the client purveys. But they chat in a way that is supposed to indicate an awareness/interest in ITV output, which usually seems to demonstrate the exact opposite.

If a lot of these artists have barely/never watched ITV since, say, the original Crossroads (King's Oak) ended, then to have them make a half-hearted attempt to feign otherwise is cringeworthy.

If they were being truly honest, their "What ITV means to me..." statements would end with e.g. "...bugger all" / "...a trio of letters from the alphabet" / "...an art commission for which they are paying me" / "...(insert name of programme that ended years ago here), as I've not really seen ITV since".

Plus, the rest of what each artist says is a load of pretentious t0ss, which is utterly obnoxious for any pair of human ears to have to listen to. But that is of course inherently how arty types talk.
W1LL, DeMarkay and Hatton Cross gave kudos

Newer posts