The Newsroom

Elections 2019

(May 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AL
ALV
Election coverage on BBC World News - with Ros Atkins leading coverage instead of Huw Edwards, which he is featured in the EPG and the continuity ident. The ticker is a little bit weird...
AN
Andrew Founding member
Whoever was typing the graphics up lost count there half way through the East result
AG
AxG
Whoever was typing the graphics up lost count there half way through the East result

More of an effort than Sky News, I've hardly seen any on-screen graphics.
BK
bkman1990
JRM's sister appeared on RTÉ using the BBC footage from Huw in Studio B.

About the RTÉ coverage tonight; it began at 10pm tonight & will finish at 1:10am.

Bryan Dobson is in Studio 3, Miriam O'Callaghan is in the RDS & David McCullough is in the RTÉ Election Centre.
WH
Whataday Founding member
One of the screens behind Huw looks different to the others which I'm finding quite distracting. You can see the LEDs that make up the screen. Is that normal for this studio?
BR
Brekkie
BBC Scotland Election special using an altered version of The Nine branding, however are stuck with BBC News graphics, just with all text in Reith Serif.

Is that on BBC1 or BBC Scotland?

EDIT: Just noticed the DOG.
SC
scottishtv Founding member
A few more grabs of the BBC Scotland Channel output. I'm not actually watching it though - Scotland is one EU electoral region, so the discussion is somewhat boring and dry.

HA
harshy Founding member
One of the screens behind Huw looks different to the others which I'm finding quite distracting. You can see the LEDs that make up the screen. Is that normal for this studio?

It is yes Sad
JA
Jamesypoo
AxG posted:
Erm, wasn't those used in 2014?

And 2009.
RD
rdd Founding member
JRM's sister appeared on RTÉ using the BBC footage from Huw in Studio B.

About the RTÉ coverage tonight; it began at 10pm tonight & will finish at 1:10am.

Bryan Dobson is in Studio 3, Miriam O'Callaghan is in the RDS & David McCullough is in the RTÉ Election Centre.

It’s been an odd one for the Euros, only Dublin has and will have any counts declared tonight, one of the others (Midlands NW) has already adjourned for the evening and the other, South, is the one with the marathon 23 candidate ballot paper that is proving a nightmare for the count staff and won’t have a first count till 1pm tomorrow.

I’m sticking mostly with the BBC.
BR
Brekkie
A few more grabs of the BBC Scotland Channel output. I'm not actually watching it though - Scotland is one EU electoral region, so the discussion is somewhat boring and dry.

Looks good but does seem unnecessary duplication and surely the Nine is more like C4 News - be there tomorrow to provide the analysis and leave the rolling coverage to someone else.

Also I might be wrong but I'm sure info I saw earlier said Scotland don't count until tomorrow morning anyway.
ST
steveboswell
Sky do seem to be struggling a bit tonight - the big screen not showing what it should, results late to appear, the wrong graphics on screen... obviously it's a much smaller operation than a general election, but it's been a bit sloppy.

Newer posts