The Newsroom

BBC World News | 30th October 2017 Onwards

(October 2017)

PE
Pete Founding member North Reporting Scotland
Is that studio D with the main desk removed and the funny little kidney desk put in, or is that another studio elsewhere?
ELM 2011: I am sick of been persicuted by you immature TV Forumers!
NJ
news junkie Central Reporting Scotland
Pete posted:
Is that studio D with the main desk removed and the funny little kidney desk put in, or is that another studio elsewhere?

Studio D is home to BBC London News, the studio with the kidney desk is a World Service TV studio somewhere else in NBH. Before WSTV used the multipurpose area (Studio K) that Meet The Author comes from but WSTV is now using studio L, apparently.
EY
the eye World News
Not quite sure whether to put this in this thread or the more general international thread, but WSTV is looking terribly inconsistent these days. None of the title sequences look to have been put together at the same time, and it all looks rather strange with different bits of existing presentation from the NC and World being spliced in.

Are these aired on tv or just online?
d
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
What is the WSTV you're referring too - I thought that was simply BBC World News?

How many international news TV services does the BBC have now - I thought it was just Persian and Arabic alongside the English BBC World News.
Turns out nobody had 2020 vision.
SP
Steve in Pudsey Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
WSTV refers to the language services I think
Write that down in your copybook now.
HA
harshy Founding member
Is it on satellite? I only get bbc world news hd, bbc Arabic and Persian
GM
Gary McEwan Central Reporting Scotland
There's loads of different World Service bulletins. Ranging from BBC Ukraine to BBC Hindi.

Near the end of this video shows all the different international bulletins.

Rkolsen, steveboswell and Inspector Sands gave kudos
IS
Inspector Sands

The WSTV services aren't full time channels but bulletins that are distributed to other broadcasters and put online. Though one of the more popular African bulletins gets shown on World News in the evenings

There is satellite distribution involved for some, they're sent out alongside the various feeds for World Service radio, I'm sure you can find them on Lyngsat.
IS
Inspector Sands
Not quite sure whether to put this in this thread or the more general international thread, but WSTV is looking terribly inconsistent these days. None of the title sequences look to have been put together at the same time, and it all looks rather strange with different bits of existing presentation from the NC and World being spliced in.

Looking at the video compilation above I don't see that. They all look similar or are identical apart from the title.

They don't have to be consistent as very few viewers will watch more than one. The main thing is they have elements of the established BBC News branding.
RK
Rkolsen World News

The WSTV services aren't full time channels but bulletins that are distributed to other broadcasters and put online. Though one of the more popular African bulletins gets shown on World News in the evenings

There is satellite distribution involved for some, they're sent out alongside the various feeds for World Service radio, I'm sure you can find them on Lyngsat.

Are the more popular African programs the Focus On Africa feed I see in behind the scenes multiviewers?
Don’t let anyone treat you like you’re a VO/SOT when you’re a PKG.
IS
Inspector Sands

Are the more popular African programs the Focus On Africa feed I see in behind the scenes multiviewers?

That's the one. It gets shown on World News too
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/n13xtmgm
RK
Rkolsen World News

That's the one. It gets shown on World News too
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/n13xtmgm

So it’s half an hour on World News but does it also has its own dedicated feed?
Don’t let anyone treat you like you’re a VO/SOT when you’re a PKG.

Newer posts

No further posts are being accepted for this topic