TV Home Forum

New BBC corporate font: BBC Reith

To replace Gill Sans in print and on screen (May 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MO
Moz
Summer...
1st June — 31st August

They had said Spring initially!
MD
mdtauk
Moz posted:
Summer...
1st June — 31st August

Sure they hoped for it. June I think Breakfast is moving to Reith. And Impact, Victoria Derbyshire, and then Global, Business Live, World Business Report - all happened in the Spring.
DM
DeMarkay
Moz posted:
Summer...
1st June — 31st August

Sure they hoped for it. June I think Breakfast is moving to Reith. And Impact, Victoria Derbyshire, and then Global, Business Live, World Business Report - all happened in the Spring.

Victoria Derbyshire is already in Reith.
BA
bilky asko
Moz posted:

As Mr Anderson said in the very post you quoted.
RO
roo
assuming no crises, it's the 3rd.
MD
mdtauk
June 3rd?

And will this be everything moved over then? BBC News, World News, Global News, Regions, Website?
DM
DeMarkay

As Mr Anderson said in the very post you quoted.

I do see that now Wink
IS
Ipswich Simon
I rather like the new BBC Reith font, been using it at home and people have asked me which font it is.
bkman1990, gordonthegopher and Moz gave kudos
PF
PFML84
What time today is it supposed to be launching then? Or has there been a crisis?
RO
Rofters
What time today is it supposed to be launching then? Or has there been a crisis?

At this rate either 1 o’clock or 6 o’clock, although it could be before then
CW
Charlie Wells Moderator

I don't think any insiders actually confirmed it is/was happening today, more a lot of speculation based on it being the start of the month and the Reith appearing during Breakfast last week. Whilst Reith appearing today would normally make sense being the start of the month I imagine there is the small matter of Trump visiting the UK which is taking priority.

Looking at Chris Cook's twitter account the past few days there's been no hints of a date with regards to Reith, though I did spot...

PE
Pete Founding member
I don't think any insiders actually confirmed it is/was happening today

roo posted:
assuming no crises, it's the 3rd.

Newer posts