The Gallery

Liquid News - 2019 Rebrand

My take on if Liquid News was still going today (May 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Josh
I have been working on rebranding BBC Three/Choice's old entertainment news programme Liquid News and experimenting with what it would be like if it was alive in 2019. As always, please leave constructive criticsm and feedback as it is much appreciated.

Titlecard (including my own Reithed BBC News logo!)

Graphics

Hope you like it! Smile
Last edited by Josh on 25 May 2019 2:27pm - 3 times in total
AG
AxG
It's OK, but the titlecard is rather basic, but the colours just scream ITV News.
VM
VMPhil
These feel a little formal and stuffy for a show like Liquid News, if this is supposed to be a continuation of the old programme.
JO
Josh
Thanks for the feedback so far.
AxG posted:
It's OK, but the titlecard is rather basic, but the colours just scream ITV News.

Thanks. I was originally going to go for a title card/logo similarly to the previous one, with an L in a circle, but it looked like the Lorraine logo so I decided to go without it. The title card is meant to be an ocean (liquid) blurred and the opacity lowered. I have changed the colours to be more blue and lighter, so thanks for helping with this.
These feel a little formal and stuffy for a show like Liquid News, if this is supposed to be a continuation of the old programme.

I will experiment with Reith Sans and other fonts to see if it looks less formal and more like the brand it should be. Many thanks.
8B
8baan
Maybe use reith sans instead of reith serif, for the rest, good work. Also yes the coloring looks a lot like ITV News to the point people would mistake it for it. The real graphics used more lighter blue and a sniff of white.
JF
JetixFann450
I think it was a bit of a mistake to drop the Liquid News "L" icon.
JO
Josh
Here's V2. I've changed from Reith Serif to Reith Sans and added a Live bug. I've also changed the colours to a lighter blue.

HB
HarryB
Yawn yawn. Shocked I think one pic with lower thirds on doesn’t do any justice of what you’re trying to show us. We need more examples and make the background grey not white coz then it clashes with the colour of the forum
JO
Josh
Yawn yawn. Shocked I think one pic with lower thirds on doesn’t do any justice of what you’re trying to show us. We need more examples and make the background grey not white coz then it clashes with the colour of the forum

I'm making it in phases and I will be making other graphics once others and myself believe my current set is satisfactory. I'd rather have 1 set of really good graphics instead of 3 sets of poor ones.
TO
theTOTHlad2002
Looks like the old ITV News breakdown screen.
8B
8baan

Hey I am not one to really tell someone off, especially on this forum as I have been a tad rude to some people too, but I think you could've phrased it a little bit more nicely and less rude.
DM
DeMarkay
This seems very apt for this post:

Newer posts