Mass Media & Technology

New BT logo

Split from BT Sport - (May 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MA
Markymark
I'm sure most phone boxes by me don't have any branding now, plain windows with one or two sides covered in adverts, often they don't even seem to have a door on anymore.

One of the two local phone boxes here was converted into an ATM with the payphone (the early 90s style with a coin slot) one the side of it.

The only 'modern' adaptation was the mag stripe reader added in the noughties.

The last remaining bank in a large village near me closed, taking with it the only ATM. So the zero revenue earning phone box was converted into an ATM. It didn’t take long ( three weeks) for it to be totally flatened in a ram raid. That was two years ago. It was never reinstated. A great shame, but phone boxes given their position next to roads are easy targets. I think it was/is a BT run initiative?
GE
thegeek Founding member
I'm sure most phone boxes by me don't have any branding now, plain windows with one or two sides covered in adverts, often they don't even seem to have a door on anymore.

One of the two local phone boxes here was converted into an ATM with the payphone (the early 90s style with a coin slot) one the side of it.

was that not New World Payphones who did the kiosk with the integrated ATM?
LL
London Lite Founding member

was that not New World Payphones who did the kiosk with the integrated ATM?

Not my one. This is how it looks.

MO
Moz
This article shows exactly what BT should have done years ago:

https://www.johnsonbanks.co.uk/thoughts/logoredo-bt

It also points out the flaws in the current typeface.

That’s just awful!
HC
Hatton Cross
Abysmal. And worse, its one ad/graphic design agency having a go at the creative work of another company in the same line of work.
Public turf wars, if you like.

The irony is what they came up with as being 'better', in their version, is actually far worse.
DK
DanielK
Asa posted:
On its own in black it's certainly a bit...dull. But with all the purple branding on the other page I don't think it's too bad. The shimmer effect gives it something in a world of plain 2D logos.

Happy to see the back of the messy sphere anyway.

Is it normal though for companies to sit on a rebrand for over 3 years? Seems like a very long time.

My company started it's next rebrand not long after the launch of the existing brand (knowing that we were about to buy an equally large company) and that was back in 2014...we've still not rebranded!!

63 days later

GE
thegeek Founding member

here's the design agency's case study and an interview in dezeen about the rebrand - which you may be seeing a bit more of from tomorrow.
HA
harshy Founding member
Looks decent I like how they can flatten the logo but then add a shine effect when necessary.

9 days later

JA
JAS84
And of course they've just spent the last year or so putting the new InLink kiosks to replace all the phoneboxes, all with the old logo.
I wonder if KCOM's new owners will introduce something similar?
JF
JetixFann450

Oh dear...
JA
JAS84
ITV News used that mockup logo last night too.

71 days later

BC
Blake Connolly Founding member
The rest of BT has now rebranded as of last night.

Newer posts