TV Home Forum

Popular Programmes in 2000

What was popular on TV in the year 2000? (May 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WH
Whataday Founding member
I've just realised this thread is basically "so granddad, what were things like in the olden days?"

The fact some people consider 2000 the olden days makes me feel like I should just apply for my pension right now..

Just to date you further, the time span between TVForum's launch and today is the same as between TV-am's launch and TVForum.
jonO, fanoftv and Rory gave kudos
MA
Markymark
The biggest thing TV wise from a presentation point of view happened on 20th June 2000 in which there was a massive power failure at BBC TV Centre, the biggest casualty was BBC News 24 which was rendered useless for around 16 hours.

Whereas today News 24 ( in old money) is useless for about 16 hours every day....
BBI45 and james-2001 gave kudos
BH
BillyH Founding member
2000 was actually the year I got into TV presentation, thanks to getting the internet that year and finding sites like MHP, TV Ark and TV World. In the September I started keeping an "Idents Tape" which was a VHS of basically every bit of presentation on every channel, with the hope of eventually uploading it all onto a website which never happened. By the time I finally stopped in January 2002, I had four tapes of hundreds of idents including (I think) every single BBC1 balloon that survived the 2000(?) refresh.

Still some stuff on those tapes that I don't think is on Youtube yet, especially from the smaller cable channels like YCTV.
thegeek and benriggers gave kudos
JA
james-2001
2000 was the year I first saw TV presention websites, as it's the first year we had internet access at home.

Seems strange to think of a time we didn't have it, considering what an essential part of life it's become.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Still some stuff on those tapes that I don't think is on Youtube yet, especially from the smaller cable channels like YCTV.

Get it captured and uploaded!
benriggers and BillyH gave kudos
NA
natwel27

I second that!
NB
nbafan89

I second that!

so do I
RE
Revolution
Best titles of 2000? Baddiel and Skinner Unplanned.

It'll never work, it'll never work...
FA
fanoftv
Best titles of 2000? Baddiel and Skinner Unplanned.

It'll never work, it'll never work...

Such a brilliant programme, especially in its live half an hour three times a week slot.

Newer posts