TV Home Forum

ITV Programming Thread

2017 (January 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VM
VMPhil
Am I wrong on this: I thought convention in TV was to update the copyright notice at the end of a delayed programme to the current year of transmission, but watching ITV's Hatton Garden drama, the copyright date is still 2017 when it was originally meant to be shown.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Am I wrong on this: I thought convention in TV was to update the copyright notice at the end of a delayed programme to the current year of transmission, but watching ITV's Hatton Garden drama, the copyright date is still 2017 when it was originally meant to be shown.

In ITV terms its usually convention to credit archive productions to companies that didn't exist at the time. Number of times I've seen stuff made in 1984 or whatever "credited to" ITV Studios.
WH
Whataday Founding member
ITV Studios owns the archive, so that's appropriate.

ATV/ITC's archive was credited to Polygram until Carlton bought it out. Now it's credited to ITV Studios.
GE
thegeek Founding member
I've seen episodes of The Big Match Revisited which have their original 1970s/80s LWT/Granada date, followed by a 2008 ITV Sport copyright, then a 2018 BT Sport one. I'm not quite sure who gets to claim ownership on that content, tbh.
HC
Hatton Cross
Original copyright date - original aired

2008 copyright date - ITV Sport edits and added match score and date graphic for the ITV4 broadcasts

BT Sport copyright date - BT Sport edit down to time, and added an extra break, using the original 2008 ITV Sport break bumps.

But, will agree. Very messy.
LL
Larry the Loafer
Did anyone happen to capture this morning's newsflash?
KE
kernow
I've just been completing a registration for an online surveys website, and one of the sections asks you which ITV region you are in, and the options are as follows:

Anglia ITV (East of England)

Border ITV (Borders and the Isle of Man)

Central ITV (East, West and South Midlands)

Channel Islands TV (Channel Islands)

Granada ITV (North-West England)

London ITV/LWT (London)

Meridian ITV (South and South-East England)

STV Central (Central Scotland)

STV North (North of Scotland)

Tyne Tees ITV (North-East England)

UTV Television (Northern Ireland)

Wales ITV (Wales)

West Country ITV (South-West England)

West ITV (West of England)

Yorkshire ITV (Yorkshire and Lincolnshire)

Interesting to see LWT in that list, given that it's effectively been 15 years since it ceased to exist.
NJ
Interesting to see LWT in that list, given that it's effectively been 15 years since it ceased to exist.

Considering the network is anything from "channel 3" to "the other side" as far as the public are concerned, the name changes past a lot of people by.
JF
JetixFann450

Considering the network is anything from "channel 3" to "the other side" as far as the public are concerned, the name changes past a lot of people by.

I thought it was considered "the brighter side"? Suppose it wasn't post-2002...
NJ

There are probably no end of people, perhaps of a more advanced age, up and down the country who still consider the network as ATV, ABC, TSW or Southern depending on where they are, never mind what it says on the screen or the planner.
PA
Parker

There are probably no end of people, perhaps of a more advanced age, up and down the country who still consider the network as ATV, ABC, TSW or Southern depending on where they are, never mind what it says on the screen or the planner.

Advanced age! Thanks Shocked Confused Smile
BR
Brekkie
Worth noting that apart from the morning line up tomorrow and the news everything on ITV (from 12.30pm onwards) tomorrow is a repeat, with yet another showing of the first Harry Potter in early evening, the news at 7.30pm and a Vera repeat at 8pm.

Also is Emmerdale airing 7 times a week now official - it's been on Tuesdays at 8pm for a few weeks now and is back there after BGT too. I know they've quite often aired hour-long episodes on a Tuesday, and not always just because another episode is dropped, but with the recent Wednesday edition of Corrie and now Emmerdale airing in the 8pm hour on Tuesday that eliminates all potential weeknight pre-watershed slots.
Last edited by Brekkie on 25 May 2019 6:51pm

Newer posts