The Newsroom

CNN Moving to Hudson Yards -NYC

CNN is set to leave its Columbus Circle Studio and move to the New Hudson Yards Complex (April 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GI
ginnyfan
Sorry folks, the bricks are staying and look to be a permanent feature of the set.

Nice, I like the brick set. Hopefully it's not a complete copy of the old one.
GI
ginnyfan
One of the new studios used for Zakaria's show.

[[Edited to remove rouge spam link from bottom of post]]
NE
Newsroom
Such a Shame CNN didn’t take the opportunity to change the ‘brick’ format into something new. New Day boasted it was more colorful, more technologically advanced and that they can do some great things in the new studio.

I bit of a let down I think. I guess that hideous weekend New Day set is here to stay.
Last edited by Newsroom on 20 May 2019 4:17pm - 4 times in total
AF
Affi_85
Any caps of quest means business from any of the new studios?
NE
Newsroom
Here you go.

Anderson got his own studio as per Columbus Circle.

NE
Newsroom
And here is NEW DAY as covered by Newscaststudio

https://www.newscaststudio.com/2019/05/20/cnn-new-day-studio-19y/
MA
mark Founding member
Video of the updated New Day set - I love it.

GI
ginnyfan
Quest aired from London last night, I guess they are waiting for Richard to return to debut the new set.
RK
Rkolsen
I was talking to one of their engineers. They installed essentially an all IP plant using Evertz EXE IP routers (the bureaus will be switching to IP as well). They also went with 4K cameras - Sony HDC-4300s.

There are a couple of HD-SDI instances however it’s minimal. The newsroom studio 17N uses the box/brick versions of the 4K cameras which are converted to IP right there (I think there are small adapters actually on the pedestals). The prompter and return video/confidence feeds are from Cuescript SDI based but they are fed via a trunk line from the CCU to the camera which has two HD-SDI outputs for that use.

The studios use manual Vinten pedestals.
EY
the eye
JK08 posted:
Anyone else seeing a similarity?*

JK08 posted:
Anyone else seeing a similarity?*

Both seem to be inspired by this!

All remind me of this... which was 11 years ago.
BF
BFGArmy
Do they normally use that music for the opening of New Day - sounds awfully ominous as if somebody is going to leap out from behind Alisyn and John.

Not a fan of that AC360 studio at all - putting the desk so close to the pole makes the studio look tiny and like Anderson has been shoved into a corner. And the desk itself is horrible looking. The studio looks like a cheap version of the original ITN News Channel set and easily the worst of the new sets.
GI
ginnyfan
Just like they copied most of their old sets, CNNI's weekend evening shift is still stuck with a pathetic single shot set up in Hudson Yards.

Newer posts