The Newsroom

The Yorkshire and Lincolnshire Thread

(August 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RA
radiolistener
I was on a train today - the inaugural return of an old station going back to weekday services.

There were 2 reporters from LN - one on the train, the other at the station and just one from Leedshire TV.
RA
radiolistener
Main story tonight on Levy Live.

From Stamford.

Which the last I looked was in the Anglia TV region as Belmont coverage is patchy there.
LL
London Lite Founding member

From Stamford.

Which the last I looked was in the Anglia TV region as Belmont coverage is patchy there.

it's in Lincs, just about. While I agree that aerials are more likely to be pointing toward Sandy Heath for Look East (West), it's a story of interest to viewers across the county.
RA
radiolistener

From Stamford.

it's in Lincs, just about. While I agree that aerials are more likely to be pointing toward Sandy Heath for Look East (West), it's a story of interest to viewers across the county.

You could say that about any story though. Stamford never even features on the weather map!
JO
Johnr
I was on a train today - the inaugural return of an old station going back to weekday services.

There were 2 reporters from LN - one on the train, the other at the station and just one from Leedshire TV.

Still using the same train stock as when it was previously in operation by the looks too, good old Northern Fail!
RA
radiolistener
Johnr posted:

Still using the same train stock as when it was previously in operation by the looks too, good old Northern Fail!

The service is made of a spare train stock that would have been sitting in sidings anyway.
PA
Parker
Will they send Levy to British Steel in Scunthorpe today or a proper reporter to ask decent questions?
RA
radiolistener
Will they send Levy to British Steel in Scunthorpe today or a proper reporter to ask decent questions?

Harsh words there.
sda| and Lou Scannon gave kudos

9 days later

RA
radiolistener
They (Levy Live) sent their senior health reporter over the bridge to Lincolnshire tonight. That must have dented the Hull budget.....
RA
radiolistener
Noticed a good few Look Levy alumni reporters are now national. Sarah Walton currently doing a 5G report from Central London.
ST
South Today
Noticed a good few Look Levy alumni reporters are now national. Sarah Walton currently doing a 5G report from Central London.

Sarah is good, and could present a decent lunchtime bulletin. Shirley Henry said yesterday make sure you join Peter at 6.30 this evening for more News, Travel and Weather. Travel?! Oooops!
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Wouldn't have been surprised if the effects of the incident at Leeds station on trains across the North had a local angle put on it in the 6.30

Newer posts