The Newsroom

BBC News Channel Presentation - 21/03/16 onwards

Split from BBC News Channel General Discussion (March 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FG
FraserGJ
Yeah back at 9:22am approx.

Might look later to see if anyone has complained about the clock on the NC being an hour out (despite the Recorded graphic!)

I guess that's a side effect of how NC takes Breakfast - graphics included! Be nice if they could simulcast it and slave the NC graphics to the Breakfast ones (like when NC and World News are sharing output). Probably more complicated than it's worth though...
AL
alexhduk
WO
Worzel
They returned to E at 11am. At least the Derbyshire programme gave them chance to fix the fault.
TR
trance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMvYlMSRN50

Interestingly at 3:00 in that video Dave Lee, North America Technology Correspondent, is doing a DTL with what looks like a CBS Cronkite-esque globe in the back.
RK
Rkolsen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMvYlMSRN50

Interestingly at 3:00 in that video Dave Lee, North America Technology Correspondent, is doing a DTL with what looks like a CBS Cronkite-esque globe in the back.

Almost every CBS Bureau has a version of the Cronkite map. I’m not sure the setup used there in San Francisco whether it’s something the BBC sets up or if it’s network / station (KPIX) flash cam.
MO
Moz
Moz posted:
Apparently the capitals was a mistake, it’s supposed to be title/sentence case.

While the BBC MIDLANDS TODAY dog is higher than the current BBC NEWS dog - and aligns just under the new Victoria Derbyshire graphics (explaining the current gap) - I doubt they’ll just put the ticker below like that.

Once again it's all guess work, maybe they're going to use the space for programme slugs?

Revised mock based on your comment just to see what it would look like!

Going on the BBC's habit of massively disappointing us, I reckon it'll be more like this...

Ittr, Josh and Rkolsen gave kudos
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Controversial view: that doesn't look too bad.
MO
Moz
Controversial view: that doesn't look too bad.

Ha ha! Agreed! While it would be a little disappointing, so long as it fits with everything else and works, it'd be fine.
RN
Rolling News
Today's early evening network bulletin was at 15:35 (due to the FA Cup final) whilst the late evening bulletin is currently scheduled for 00:05 (due to Eurovision). Is this the furthest apart the weekend bulletins have ever been?
AN
Andrew Founding member
Today's early evening network bulletin was at 15:35 (due to the FA Cup final) whilst the late evening bulletin is currently scheduled for 00:05 (due to Eurovision). Is this the furthest apart the weekend bulletins have ever been?

I’m hoping it’s not the same presenter?
AS
AlexS

I’m hoping it’s not the same presenter?

It was meant to be at the originally scheduled 23:40 so I imagine Kate will be back in a few minutes. Next week is the exact opposite with the current schedule giving 2 hours and 35 minutes between the end of the early evening news and the start of the late.
RN
Rolling News
It should be Kate Silverton, she was in the trundle shot.

Newer posts