« Topics
dvboy9,850 posts since 11 Jan 2003
Central (West) Midlands Today
According to Daily Mail Amazon have won WTA rights, mixed week for BT Sport

Big win for tennis fans as it means the majority of the ATP and WTA tours in one place and significantly cheaper. Prime should be able to offer multi-court coverage which BT currently does not.

That's not to say BT have done a bad job of covering WTA. They have a great commentary team, hopefully many will move over to Prime or work on the world feed instead as well as continuing their work with Eurosport.
Watch it and find out.
Hatton Cross3,266 posts since 4 Jan 2003
According to Daily Mail Amazon have won WTA rights, mixed week for BT Sport

Big win for tennis fans as it means the majority of the ATP and WTA tours in one place and significantly cheaper. Prime should be able to offer multi-court coverage which BT currently does not.

That's not to say BT have done a bad job of covering WTA. They have a great commentary team, hopefully many will move over to Prime or work on the world feed instead as well as continuing their work with Eurosport.

(Tennis) Balls.
Another sporting organisation going for the money over exposure.. Rolling Eyes
And this leaves a pretty sizeable hole across all BT Sport channels, as WTA is seen at various times on Sports 1-3 and ESPN.
My user name might look like Hatton Cross, but it's pronounced Throatwobbler Mangrove.
Brekkie31,822 posts since 4 Jan 2003 Recently warned
HTV Wales Wales Today
Exactly. Had Prime for years but probably watch about three things on it and a few ours of their sub-par US Open coverage. Not watched any of their ATP coverage - it's simply a case of you have to go to specifically watch it, you don't see it in the schedules or whilst channel hopping.
I preferred the internet when it had a sense of humour.
I'm not sure WTA pulls in great numbers on BT Sport - especially in those weeks when the action is half way round the world - but it will leave a gaping hole in the schedules week in week out.

At the end of the day, if you're a tennis fan you're going to go looking for the coverage anyway outside of Wimbledon so it doesn't really matter where it is because people will find it.

Improvements have been to Prime's ATP coverage since last year and having both tours in the same place is brilliant especially when it comes to combined events, and they will presumably have the multi-court coverage at WTA events that in the end never came to fruition on BT.

It'll be interesting to see if BT keep up their commitment to WTA in its final few months or if we will start to see more reliance on world feed commentary and perhaps not sending a team out to Shenzhen for the Finals as they have done to Singapore in the past.

Remember when Sky lost ATP that Mark Petchey left before their coverage ended and now he's a regular voice on Prime.
Watch it and find out.
BM11978 posts since 2 Jun 2017
London London
Disappointing news. Has prime fixed the issues with not being able to catchup on overnight matches or watch matches on a delay. (I was out of the country for the US open so didn't try it then and prefer WTA tour so haven't paid for the ATP yet.)
I expect their staff will mostly transfer over.
If night matches can be caught up on i will try and train my mum how to use it via connected TV for next year (through having watched a series through Amazon it was a bit hit and miss and sometimes needed a few resets to get it working,)
Disappointing news. Has prime fixed the issues with not being able to catchup on overnight matches or watch matches on a delay. (I was out of the country for the US open so didn't try it then and prefer WTA tour so haven't paid for the ATP yet.)
If night matches can be caught up on i will try and train my mum how to use it via connected TV for next year (through having watched a series through Amazon it was a bit hit and miss and sometimes needed a few resets to get it working,)

Yes, replays are usually available within 15 minutes of a match ending, the main coverage is rewind able and split into two or three chunks so it can be replayed, and they've done a nightly highlights programme at most tournaments.
They have each day at each tournament listed separately now so it's easier to find them.
Watch it and find out.
UKnews and BM11 gave kudos
BM11978 posts since 2 Jun 2017
London London

Yes, replays are usually available within 15 minutes of a match ending, the main coverage is rewind able and split into two or three chunks so it can be replayed, and they've done a nightly highlights programme at most tournaments.
They have each day at each tournament listed separately now so it's easier to find them.

That's good. Sounds better than the chaos of the US Open with limited replays and a whole hose of other faults.
Afterall most people will only watch a bit live and will want to catch up later.