Mass Media & Technology

NOW TV

Now just er...NOW. (October 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RE
remlap
Hmm not something worth grabbing the 4K box and resubbing then, I'll wait till Chernobyl is purchasable if its any good.
DV
DVB Cornwall
1080p 'testing in progress' according to Pocket-lint ....

https://www.pocket-lint.com/tv/news/now-tv/147996-now-tv-plus-1080p-streaming-service-launching
DV
DVB Cornwall
.... yet, I have heard a suggestion that the whole project has yet another delay of a couple of months until October, including the BT deal. I really wish that Sky would come clean and give us a date. We are now 85 days away from the opening of the 2019-20 FAPL season.

16 days later

RO
rob Founding member
Some issues with the BBC News app this morning.

26 days later

DV
DVB Cornwall
Informed Speculation (which has some sense about it)

HD to be introduced mid July (week beginning 8th July 2019?) on NOW TV devices, all others and BT switch on, up and running by 31 July 2019 ready for HD First Test, Ashes Cricket coverage on 1st August 2019 on all services along with terms changes.

BTTV reconfiguration in week commencing 22nd July 2019.

A poster on the BT Community has ‘got information from BT sales’ that seems to confirm this scenario. We’ll see.
Rexogamer and London Lite gave kudos

19 days later

RE
Rexogamer
rob posted:
Some issues with the BBC News app this morning.

Do the Beeb offer any kind of beta program? Hmm... this is very odd.
DV
DVB Cornwall
So one of the cogs in the HD update, the availability of BT Sport sold by Sky in the UK has been delayed.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/BT-sport-on-sky-q-please/m-p/3033144#M231086

This is so annoying.
JR
jrmswell

Do the Beeb offer any kind of beta program? Hmm... this is very odd.

They do for BBC iPlayer on some devices yes but I'm not sure about the news app and either way this is labelled as a "precert" version which means that it hasn't been certified as a public version so it shouldn't even have appeared even if beta was ticked
AL
alexhduk
So one of the cogs in the HD update, the availability of BT Sport sold by Sky in the UK has been delayed.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/BT-sport-on-sky-q-please/m-p/3033144#M231086

This is so annoying.

Oh my god, this and the Now TV 1080p / arriving on BT Boxes has to be one of the LONGEST processes to get up and running. Realistically how long do they actually need its been years!
Rexogamer and London Lite gave kudos
DV
DVB Cornwall
... and additionally, An official BT Community Forum Moderator has confirmed a delay in the arrival of NOW TV on BTTV.

https://community.bt.com/t5/TV-Content-including-BT-Sport/Full-Now-TV-through-the-YouView-box/m-p/1956882#M17966
Last edited by DVB Cornwall on 22 July 2019 2:21pm
DV
DVB Cornwall
I put a formal complaint in to Sky prior to the latest news and got this as a reply ....

Thank you for raising your concern with regards to the HD services at NOW TV. We are always looking to make our viewing experience a great one for customers, and continuously working on enhancing our products and features. Currently, we are unable to provide information to individual customers on the progress of our development.

We are working on implementing an HD service at Now TV and something will be coming along soon, although we are unable to commit to a time frame at present. We apologise if this has not met your expectations. If you would like we can opt you back into receiving marketing communications which mean you will be one of the first to be notified once HD becomes available.

We’re sorry that we can’t help you any further with your complaint beyond the information above. This means we’re now at deadlock so you may like to get third party advice should you remain dissatisfied.
AL
alexhduk
Not saying I support it at all, but they wonder why people pirate. Those guys can have a full HD stream set up within minutes if it goes down they have backups up and running at a moments notice. But it has taken SKY / NOW TV 2 years!

Newer posts