« Topics
cliffc10044 posts since 10 Aug 2016
Tyne Tees Look North (North East)

Hi

I have just looked at this story and as usual the Australians just say it as it is no holding back at all, and actually puts it better than most of the UK press Coverage of this issue, but another interesting thing the writer says how she while working for one of Australia's newspapers and being sent out on Death Knocks, and how they were made to get the whole album when asking for a picture, just shows how accurate the drama Press that was on BBC1 last year actually was.
Square Eyes7,689 posts since 31 Mar 2001
Now is the time to entice Piers Morgan to do 5 days a week with him starting at 7, rather than 6 and Lorraine moves to 9.25am. I'll place £10 on this happening from September.

Is GMB strong enough to be given an extra hour? That last hour wouldn't rate as well as Lorraine seems to and Lorraine probably wouldn't rate as well at 9:25am as she does an hour earlier. I think longer term they need a new show.
Brekkie30,964 posts since 4 Jan 2003
HTV Wales Wales Today
Yes, I thought that was odd to.

I'd say this issue with Real Deal is surely the demos are quite different. Someone said about rerunning Who's Doing the Dishes? in the short term which I though was a good shout and more likely to appeal to the JK audience.

I do think the studio arrangement make moving any live shows unlikely.
I preferred the internet when it had a sense of humour.
Whataday gave kudos
all new Phil3,096 posts since 12 Feb 2005
Granada North West Today
I wouldn’t be surprised to see some of the Real Housewives of Cheshire type shows off ITV Be go into this slot. Arguably closer to the JK demographic, and would provide a good shop window for ITV Be that is strangely missing off ITV otherwise.

Remember it probably needs to be something recorded (because of studio needs), it needs to appeal to the mums just back from the school run audience, and needs to fit in with the wider schedule (which Real Deal doesn’t at all at this time).
I love lamp
AJ1,702 posts since 4 Jan 2003
London London
Now is the time to entice Piers Morgan to do 5 days a week with him starting at 7, rather than 6 and Lorraine moves to 9.25am. I'll place £10 on this happening from September.

I can't see him going 5 days a week. He has a cushty contract doing 3 days. Also, that leaves the question of what you'd do with the 6am slot.

Possibility of a GMA Today style show from 9:25 to 10:30? Keeps Lorraine in the same slot, but makes studio and gallery changeover to This Morning probably a bit of a faff.
BM11825 posts since 2 Jun 2017 Banned for 1 week
London London
Yes, I thought that was odd to.

I'd say this issue with Real Deal is surely the demos are quite different. Someone said about rerunning Who's Doing the Dishes? in the short term which I though was a good shout and more likely to appeal to the JK audience.

I do think the studio arrangement make moving any live shows unlikely.

I suppose it could be a live show from Salford but that wouldn't be cost effective I suspect.
JKDerry1,453 posts since 15 Oct 2016
UTV Newsline
GMB and Lorraine will remain in their current time slots, I do not see Piers budging as the three day a week schedule suits him well.

It will be just a cheap morning programme which will fill 9.25am from now on, as ITV will want to play it safe, knowing they will never get the 1 million viewer mark again for whatever they replace Jeremy Kyle with.

I have a guess Real Deal will stay there for a few more weeks, and then we will see more cheap filler programmes at 9.25am, to lead into This Morning.

I do not see any changes coming in terms of programme times etc. 9.25am will remain.